Unloading Solo

BigBrown87

If it’s brown, it’s going down
All you can do is work at a safe and reasonable pace, the union will not back you because they are short staffed being a PT. The only case you got is whether the other guys going home have less seniority? Usually it works from the top down in regards to getting cut but that is a supplemental issue that you should ask a BA or union steward. Ever try calling in and tell them you are gassed from staying late and unloading 5-6 trailers a night with no help? You have to stand up for yourself the union will back you but you need to take the first step.

Hope they get you some help though sounds like too many sups and not enough workers IMO

PAUPSGuy

4 sups for 10 union employees? Are you being serious? You need one sup on the floor at all times, observing a maximum of 12 employees. This can vary by a ton depending on the sup. Some PT sups can float around and maintain an operation by themselves and others require massive assistance. The sups should be working if you're suffering. It's against the rules but its part of the current climate in operations. Maybe reach out to the leader of the PT sups, whoever that is and let them know how you feel. Pull them aside and start the conversation with we and us, not me, and I. Unreal that you get 4 sups per 10, we get 1 per 10-12 or MORE. Smells like some mismanagement.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
Maybe reach out to the leader of the PT sups,

93129CCC-FF00-463E-AAB2-0E11FDB19B1B.jpeg

Leader of the part time ^^^^^
Sups

RolloTony Brown Town

4 sups for 10 union employees? Are you being serious? You need one sup on the floor at all times, observing a maximum of 12 employees. This can vary by a ton depending on the sup. Some PT sups can float around and maintain an operation by themselves and others require massive assistance. The sups should be working if you're suffering. It's against the rules but its part of the current climate in operations. Maybe reach out to the leader of the PT sups, whoever that is and let them know how you feel. Pull them aside and start the conversation with we and us, not me, and I. Unreal that you get 4 sups per 10, we get 1 per 10-12 or MORE. Smells like some mismanagement.

I worked in a small facility. 1 Pt sup for preload with 12 preloaders, a pt package dispatch sup who helped on preload to cover, a part time chsp supervisor, and a pt data supervisor.

Thats the closest comparison I’ve seen to 4 pt sups and 10 hourlies on preload