fellow upser having trouble

silenze

Lunch is the best part of the day
Definitely take an inside 22.3 or 22.2 or porter job. He will lose his job and license drinking

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I find it hard to believe that, with 4 rehabs under his belt, neither the union or UPS has pulled this guy off the road and offered him an inside position, at the same rate of pay, until he is eligible to retire. If he were to leave now he would receive a reduced pension when he turns 65.

I had a former co-worker who would stop and get a 40 on the way home from work every night.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
I think they would need a reason to pull him off road.

He can be randomly tested at any time.
If he only drinks at night and weekends, and shows up sober in the morning, not much can be done. Stops at midnite, hes clean in morning.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I think they would need a reason to pull him off road.

He can be randomly tested at any time.
If he only drinks at night and weekends, and shows up sober in the morning, not much can be done. Stops at midnite, hes clean in morning.
If this were a one time thing I would agree but a four timer would have a very hard time knowing when to say no.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Ive never been there so I cant say.
Neither have I. Closest I ever got was a co-worker, who just happened to have been the best man at my wedding, stopping for a 40 every night on his way home from work. From what I have been told he spends the bulk of his retirement at a local pizzeria/bar. Sad.

I do know that mgt cannot go by hearsay alone but actually have to observe his behavior, and having a second member of mgt stepping in to confirm, before they can do anything.

I have been lurking

Tired hubrat
It's not the alcohol, it's something VERY personal. The booze is a crappy bandaid. He needs to tell his BA the problem and try therapy so he can have a minute ace up his sleeve

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

It's not the alcohol, it's something VERY personal. The booze is a crappy bandaid. He needs to tell his BA the problem and try therapy so he can have a minute ace up his sleeve
He does not need to go in to any more detail than he feels comfortable doing so when he does talk to his BA. He also shouldn't be worrying about having anything up his sleeve. His health is far more important than his job at this point.