rjh9189

Hey Brown Community.

I am a new driver and I was trying to qualify. I went through my whole 30 days with zero progress reports or any input from my supervisor. I had to learn how to be a driver on my own. The first day for training I was given heat stroke and had to battle dehydration and heat exhaustion the rest of the week.

I walked in last week with no notification after getting there early like usual, to only be told that I can’t finish my full 30 and that I should show up Monday for preload. I went the full time with no incident or accident. I am not sure how to fight it or what I can do…any ideas from those with experience in UPS?

Real feedback only please.

Hey Brown Community.

I am a new driver and I was trying to qualify. I went through my whole 30 days with zero progress reports or any input from my supervisor. I had to learn how to be a driver on my own. The first day for training I was given heat stroke and had to battle dehydration and heat exhaustion the rest of the week.

I walked in last week with no notification after getting there early like usual, to only be told that I can’t finish my full 30 and that I should show up Monday for preload. I went the full time with no incident or accident. I am not sure how to fight it or what I can do…any ideas from those with experience in UPS?

Did they say why?

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
They said labor made the decision not to give me an extension. I was the only qualifying female and all the other guys got one. I just don’t understand after one of the Safety coordinators said I was to get one.
It's obvious, they are holding you back because of your sex.

ManInBrown

Hey Brown Community.

Ever heard of Stewie? Why in the world would you come to an anonymous message board on the inter webz for a problem like this. Get with your steward and figure it out with him/her.

rjh9189

I don’t know who stewie is. I came to get advice or guidance from those who have been with the company longer than I. They don’t tell us anything and I don’t know what to do.

Hey Brown Community.

Talk to your Union BA. They may give you an extension or at least an explanation.

Lineandinitial

Legio patria nostra
Hey Brown Community.

Yeah..."here's the keys...Take the brown one"....

Sounds like not enough hand holding for you.

You're a Workers Comp (or worse) problem waiting to happen.

Too harsh for you?

rjh9189

Yeah..."here's the keys...Take the brown one"....

Sounds like not enough hand holding for you.

You're a Workers Comp (or worse) problem waiting to happen.

Too harsh for you?
No in order to have hand holding someone has to talk to you. Inform you of stuff. When your supervisor goes on vacation for 2 weeks after your training week and the other sups don’t have time because they have their own trainees…you adapt and learn stuff on your own. You get the job done. That is what I did. I got the job done with what I was given.

Shift Inhibit

He who laughs last didn't get it.
No in order to have hand holding someone has to talk to you. Inform you of stuff. When your supervisor goes on vacation for 2 weeks after your training week and the other sups don’t have time because they have their own trainees…you adapt and learn stuff on your own. You get the job done. That is what I did. I got the job done with what I was given.
How were your numbers? Did your progressively get better over your 30? Heat stroke on day one is a big red flag for them. Just being honest.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
The sup didn't ride you?