File away

JJinVA

They have been forcing the 22.4 drivers in on Mondays. My sup flat out told me they are sending them out lighter on Mondays so they have enough hours left over for Saturdays

yep. Last Monday I had 5.75 hours, time and a half baby, Ill take it. Usually theyd just have me run EAMs and air on Monday but as the volume gets thicker Im guessing theyre probably gonna keep doing that. Which is fine with me, I can pay off this damn credit card in less than a year lol

Method Mensch

I agree with you...I guess I am more so looking for a way for them to finally put all these future 22.4s on the road and get us the hell of Saturdays...as they do everything, they are taking their damn time so I am specifically looking for grievances related to the Saturday thing.
One thing I forgot to mention is that some T-S drivers are being given a lighter dispatch on Saturdays then drivers being forced in. Anyone know if and how to file on this? Could we simply file on seniority ?
A lot of M-friend folks forced in on Saturday call in sick on my center. You don't get docked a sick day, since Saturday is not a regularly scheduled work day. I've overheard drivers say flat out to sup's that they will be calling in sick on Saturday.

yep. Last Monday I had 5.75 hours, time and a half baby, Ill take it. Usually theyd just have me run EAMs and air on Monday but as the volume gets thicker Im guessing theyre probably gonna keep doing that. Which is fine with me, I can pay off this damn credit card in less than a year lol
Don't you have an 8 hour guarantee?

Bob11B

Yes, but since Monday isnt a scheduled workday for me Im not sure that applies does it? As a 22.4? I dunno, I code 05 everyday unless told to 06 otherwise.
You are always guaranteed 8 hours, even as a 22.4. You should always code 06 and make sure you tell them you want your guaranteed 8

JJinVA

I guess I dont make a fuss about it because I live less than 10 minutes away from the center. Not really super inconvenient on my end. Plus with the heat being in the 95+ degree range Id almost rather get off sooner rather than later. And I would like to have somewhat of a weekend. Its been about 3 years since I went fishing. Id like to get out there some this summer

Ghost in the Darkness

You shouldn't even have to try to slow down on the 6th punch... you should be so slow that its evident its not worth it. My advice would be cap every week with that exclamation point.... get as much done as you can on your day off so you can start each week even slower. Cycle down. Break off for businesses, air... whatever. Make them pay is my advice.

charm299

I’ve only filed a few grievances in the couple of years I have been a RPCD, I am in the Atlantic. I want to start filing on everything possible and want the other “junior” drivers to do the same so I am looking for advice. One steward doesn’t give a :censored2: and the other really cares but isn’t too knowledgeable (newer) but to his credit, has been filing left and right and has our backs.

I am a M-friend driver and we have been forced a 6th punch since about March. We want to start filing on everything possible to send the message and make some changes. I filed on the fact that they aren’t using all RTD (regular temporary driver) on Saturday. They are using a select few and the others are not driving at all.

has anyone filed on the fact that they aren’t honoring the 5 consecutive work days? Forcing a 6th punch during non seasonal? Forced overtime? Forcing T-S drivers to work Monday and they run out of hours for their scheduled Saturday.
I’ve read the contract and our supplement many times and just looking for advice from drivers who Have had successful grievances settled. We just want to hammer it to the company but sadly, our union is pretty weak in the south. Looking to make a stand up against the company.
In my center when the enhanced ground started on Saturday, our business agent gave us all a talk in our pcm and said that our tcds are going to have to do the Saturday ground because it wouldn’t be fair to the full timers, can u believe that. So it was our understanding that we would be moved to Tuesday thru Saturday schedule. I was the only one not given that option to move even thou I’m one of the top tcds seniority wise. Now they expect me to work Monday thru Saturday while everybody under me is on a Tuesday thru Saturday schedule. I’m filing this week on it even thou our local sucks and I still haven’t gotten paid for christmas day grievance that I filed

In my center when the enhanced ground started on Saturday, our business agent gave us all a talk in our pcm and said that our tcds are going to have to do the Saturday ground because it wouldn’t be fair to the full timers, can u believe that. So it was our understanding that we would be moved to Tuesday thru Saturday schedule. I was the only one not given that option to move even thou I’m one of the top tcds seniority wise. Now they expect me to work Monday thru Saturday while everybody under me is on a Tuesday thru Saturday schedule. I’m filing this week on it even thou our local sucks and I still haven’t gotten paid for christmas day grievance that I filed
Well you need a full-time bid then

specter208

I’ve only filed a few grievances in the couple of years I have been a RPCD, I am in the Atlantic. I want to start filing on everything possible and want the other “junior” drivers to do the same so I am looking for advice. One steward doesn’t give a :censored2: and the other really cares but isn’t too knowledgeable (newer) but to his credit, has been filing left and right and has our backs.

I am a M-friend driver and we have been forced a 6th punch since about March. We want to start filing on everything possible to send the message and make some changes. I filed on the fact that they aren’t using all RTD (regular temporary driver) on Saturday. They are using a select few and the others are not driving at all.

has anyone filed on the fact that they aren’t honoring the 5 consecutive work days? Forcing a 6th punch during non seasonal? Forced overtime? Forcing T-S drivers to work Monday and they run out of hours for their scheduled Saturday.
I’ve read the contract and our supplement many times and just looking for advice from drivers who Have had successful grievances settled. We just want to hammer it to the company but sadly, our union is pretty weak in the south. Looking to make a stand up against the company.
Thanks to God for this. Our local refused PVD positions, and the company is hiring an amazing amount of drivers in our region. At least 50 drivers, last time I checked.

charm299

You are a cover driver, you are covering
Tcds are not to be used to supplement the work force, only as temporary replacements. Full timers need to be used for ground routes not tcds. Tcds are only to be used to cover vacations and call ins. My problem is not working saturdays, my problem is I’m top tcd seniority wise and I’m the only one that wasnt given the option to move to a Tuesday thru Saturday schedule Even thou I made it very clear that is what I wanted.

Tcds are not to be used to supplement the work force, only as temporary replacements. Full timers need to be used for ground routes not tcds. Tcds are only to be used to cover vacations and call ins. My problem is not working saturdays, my problem is I’m top tcd seniority wise and I’m the only one that wasnt given the option to move to a Tuesday thru Saturday schedule Even thou I made it very clear that is what I wanted.
Your BA needs to file a grievance saying we need more regular drivers

In the mean time bank that money and don't kill yourself

Our BA literally told us that they were going to wait until October to see how the volume was going to be until they did anything
Our BA file grievances months ago over this issue, Lord knows how long it's going to take from be heard.
The company is taking advantage and they need to hire some extra people, this isn't going to go away anytime soon