Filing a grieve for trucks without fans

Mr.Blonde

Only way outs inna box
Write it up as a safety issue. Mechanic will be forced to reply why he didn't install a fan. I wrote mine up daily for over a month before they finally put in a fan. The reason they weren't installing them to start with was because they were buying the cheapest POS fans they could find that broke after a couple of weeks. Not your probablem. Be persistently annoying and eventually you should get one.

Thanks

542thruNthru

Ive seen mechanics note that it was recognized and waiting for fans but literally months have gone by where those trucks still don’t have a fan.

Actually seems to say will
Be determined by district. Our local or the central one has provisions for fans.

Language at the end of the NMA that was added this contract.
Screenshot_20191017-130050_Adobe Acrobat.jpg

File a grievance! It's a damn fan and should not take more then a couple weeks. They are just trying to penny pinch.

Mr.Blonde

Only way outs inna box
I'm confused. Do you mean file a grievance for every truck in your center that doesn't have a fan?

Or file a grievance for each route you do that doesn't have a fan?

Every truck. I know There’s at least 5 my coworker and I wrote up that still doesn’t have a fan. Those ones were originally written up in friend’n july

542thruNthru

Every truck. I know There’s at least 5 my coworker and I wrote up that still doesn’t have a fan. Those ones were originally written up in friend’n july

Well you could talk to your BA about filing a grievance for all effected employees but personally i think it would carry more weight if every driver filed the same grievance. Especially if your BA is not to keen on the idea.

1BROWNWRENCH

Amatuer Malthusian
MDC buys the fans. Automotive gets no say on the brand or quality. You can't even order them DNR yourself as mechanic and SCi orders need mgt approval with minimum and maximum quantities. If they sit unused too long they have to be sent back.
Sometimes you need a little patience. There is also at least a one week turnaround on SCI parts and MDC arbitrarily will decontrol them from time to time without notice. Patience please.

flappybutt

Write it up as windows wont defrost/defog under safety. That's the whole reason we got fans in the first place. The old defrosters in the older trucks stopped working and it was easier to put a fan on the dash and point it at the windows for it to work.

clean hairy

Just pull fans out of the ones headed to the scrapyard and put them in the ones still in service.
Should only take a few miinutes, and no parts to buy.
That eliminates the "we don't have money to buy fans" excuse.

oldngray

nowhere special
Just pull fans out of the ones headed to the scrapyard and put them in the ones still in service.
Should only take a few miinutes, and no parts to buy.
That eliminates the "we don't have money to buy fans" excuse.
I think thats what they did when I finally got one. The plastic base was broken so it was fastened on with a hose clamp.

Redtag

Part on order, ok to drive
Write it up as a safety issue. Mechanic will be forced to reply why he didn't install a fan. I wrote mine up daily for over a month before they finally put in a fan. The reason they weren't installing them to start with was because they were buying the cheapest POS fans they could find that broke after a couple of weeks. Not your problem. Be persistently annoying and eventually you should get one.

I had a driver do that for a different issue. Wrote the truck up every single day about a back ordered non safety item. After a week of this I got with car wash and they moved the truck to a different route.

As far as the fans go, I have never seen one here and I don’t see anyway of ordering one. Honestly, I am a little surprised they don’t have them. The little postal trucks have them.

Last edited:

Mr.Blonde

Only way outs inna box
MDC buys the fans. Automotive gets no say on the brand or quality. You can't even order them DNR yourself as mechanic and SCi orders need mgt approval with minimum and maximum quantities. If they sit unused too long they have to be sent back.
Sometimes you need a little patience. There is also at least a one week turnaround on SCI parts and MDC arbitrarily will decontrol them from time to time without notice. Patience please.

Of course, I have that and respect for our mechanics for the most part, I figured they would have to get the budget approved by mgmt, a person who sucks and doesn’t care. Diad cradles took precedence over our safety. He sure as * made sure we have those.

Last edited by a moderator:

Redtag

Part on order, ok to drive
Of course, I have that and respect for our mechanics for the most part, I figured they would have to get the budget approved by mgmt, a person who sucks and doesn’t care. Diad cradles took precedence over our safety. He sure as sh t made sure we have those.

I agree, those stupid cradles are more important to those in atl. Than the safety of the drivers. It’s hot as hell in those trucks stuck in traffic. I hope you win and get the fans installed.

1BROWNWRENCH

Amatuer Malthusian
I had a driver do that for a different issue. Wrote the truck up every single day about a back ordered non safety item. After a week of this I got with car wash and they moved the truck to a different route.

As far as the fans go, I have never seen one here and I don’t see anyway of ordering one. Honestly, I am a little surprised they don’t have them. The little postal trucks have them.
Perhaps now they will be speced now with them.