Filing a grieve for trucks without fans

barnyard

KTM rider
The last time my wagon went in for a PMI, I asked the mechanic if he could install a fan if I grieved it. He said that the contract language was for feeders. I pressed him on it and he said that was what an email stated from his boss.

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
Language at the end of the NMA that was added this contract.
View attachment 268297
File a grievance! It's a damn fan and should not take more then a couple weeks. They are just trying to penny pinch.

The last time my wagon went in for a PMI, I asked the mechanic if he could install a fan if I grieved it. He said that the contract language was for feeders. I pressed him on it and he said that was what an email stated from his boss.

Let him know he is mistaken. It specifically says package car.

Redtag

Part on order, ok to drive
You get all your G08 campaigns done?

Not yet.. I have been chasing my tail all year, I am having lots of wiring issues on my frieghtliners where salt is getting in the chassis harness that runs up to the two fuses boxes. All of them are going down with random no starts one after another.. fix a problem then another section of harness goes. Some of them are so random I can’t pinpoint what circuit is corroded because it will start 99 percent of the time.. on one it was the CAN bus...

Only way to really fix them is to replace the chassis harness. I think I am going to do that to all of them in my fleet

Between that and the fuel tanks rotting out I think it’s going to be a lovely peak.

Perhaps now they will be speced now with them.

Maybe, I wonder when they will spec them with a cradle

barnyard

KTM rider
Let him know he is mistaken. It specifically says package car.

I'll have to print it out. I am sure that they will not do anything until after peak, but still. I need to get in line for a fan. No one else in my building has said anything about it yet, so I could be at the head of the line for one.

1BROWNWRENCH

Amatuer Malthusian
Not yet.. I have been chasing my tail all year, I am having lots of wiring issues on my frieghtliners where salt is getting in the chassis harness that runs up to the two fuses boxes. All of them are going down with random no starts one after another.. fix a problem then another section of harness goes. Some of them are so random I can’t pinpoint what circuit is corroded because it will start 99 percent of the time.. on one it was the CAN bus...

Only way to really fix them is to replace the chassis harness. I think I am going to do that to all of them in my fleet

Between that and the fuel tanks rotting out I think it’s going to be a lovely peak.

Love the melting down shifter cables because of the main body gounds being totally loose.

1BROWNWRENCH

Amatuer Malthusian

Some FL tanks were bad from the start. Hate to think how much a harness is. Probably 1500 at least

1BROWNWRENCH

Amatuer Malthusian
That very well may be what sends "my" truck to the bone yard. Smh

Edit: the excuse "they" use to send it to the bone yard
I was saving my VEM cars for the very last to carry out that campaign. Campaigns do not count towards VEM $ except if they will push the car in question over the limit.

mrbrownstone

I finally got tired of waiting for them to do anything about fan grievances in my center and bought a Ryobi from Home Depot today. They had a special running that if you buy a kit that includes 2 batteries and a charger for $100 you get a tool free. I don’t own any Ryobi products so I needed battery and charger anyway.

I know guys that bungie them down in the cab which is what I plan to do. I don’t even care of the air isn’t that cold I just want circulating air.

Boywondr

The truth never changes.
I finally got tired of waiting for them to do anything about fan grievances in my center and bought a Ryobi from Home Depot today. They had a special running that if you buy a kit that includes 2 batteries and a charger for $100 you get a tool free. I don’t own any Ryobi products so I needed battery and charger anyway.

I know guys that bungie them down in the cab which is what I plan to do. I don’t even care of the air isn’t that cold I just want circulating air.
Call your OSHA office in jurisdiction or file a complaint on line. They already fined the company for the extreme heat indexes in the brown (almost black) vehicles. Google it. Make sure they know you filed a grievance, the date you filed, and it'll show them how long they stonewalled your complaint. Then call your ba and rip his/her butt. Ridiculous.

Unless, of course, if you don't pay union dues then forget the last sentence.

mrbrownstone

Call your OSHA office in jurisdiction or file a complaint on line. They already fined the company for the extreme heat indexes in the brown (almost black) vehicles. Google it. Make sure they know you filed a grievance, the date you filed, and it'll show them how long they stonewalled your complaint. Then call your ba and rip his/her butt. Ridiculous.

Unless, of course, if you don't pay union dues then forget the last sentence.
I’m going to talk to my shop steward tomorrow. In the meantime at least I have a solution until they honor our grievances. I figured even if they eventually install fans I have my own backup.

AwashBwashCwash

Ive seen mechanics note that it was recognized and waiting for fans but literally months have gone by where those trucks still don’t have a fan.

We don't even have tape at my building.
A shipping company that can't get tape.
So I can't even imagine how long it must take them to get fans.