Filing a grieve for trucks without fans

Boywondr

The truth never changes.
Do they really help? Push around the hot air.
They will also defrost side door and passenger side windows in the winter months. Whoever has the issue of not getting fans in a timely manner should file grievances on it and pile it up in a week. When you're soaked in sweat park in the shade, press your fob, tap the ignition start rocker switch, and turn the fan on for a few minutes. The fan will continue to run and it will help.

oldngray

nowhere special
They will also defrost side door and passenger side windows in the winter months. Whoever has the issue of not getting fans in a timely manner should file grievances on it and pile it up in a week. When you're soaked in sweat park in the shade, press your fob, tap the ignition start rocker switch, and turn the fan on for a few minutes. The fan will continue to run and it will help.
Write it up as a safety issue. Keep writing it up. Be patient (and annoying)

Redtag

Part on order, ok to drive
At my hub We have had only one pc get written for a fan so far this summer, and it was not one of mine.

we have a fan in stock and I was thinking of ordering a few to put in on PMs, but that may open the floodgates and we are already overwhelmed right now.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
Do they really help? Push around the hot air.

That's debatable.

Some drivers think it is like sitting in front of a furnace.

Your eyes will dry out before you feel like it's worth it.

If you wear contacts, that's what happens.

Even then.... it can blow debris into your eyes.

They will also defrost side door and passenger side windows in the winter months.

Yep.

Whoever has the issue of not getting fans in a timely manner should file grievances

Again.... Yep.

It seems the smaller buildings, have more of a problem with this.

IE: limited automotive personal.

NAHimGOOD

Nothing to see here.... Move along.
The vehicles with them I only turn on if I can face it away from me.

Visions of the plate flying off and watching the blade spin towards me outweighs the temperature.

Boywondr

The truth never changes.
That's debatable.

Some drivers think it is like sitting in front of a furnace.

If you wear contacts, that's what happens.

Even then.... it can blow debris into your eyes.

Yep.

Again.... Yep.

It seems the smaller buildings, have more of a problem with this.

IE: limited automotive personal.
When it's really hot I don't use mine unless I can park in the shade and I make sure the dash, guard, and blades stay clean. We ask the mechanic for a fan and we get it installed in a week. Heck, tires are harder to get replaced than fans are unless the tires are illegal then we red tag the truck.

I remember when fans were located at the top of the windshield area. That was a poor placement for sure. The FedEx air guy was whining that his ac wasn't keeping up last week. I told him our trucks, not white in color, had no ac, the back was 150+° and took a little longer to empty with 195 stops. The look on his face was comical.

oldngray

nowhere special
the fans are great , when you’re stopped at a red light sweating your nuts off they really do make a difference
Exactly. If you are on a country route driving most of the time a fan doesn't help you much. City routes where you are sitting in traffic and hardly moving a lot is when you are glad to have a fan. Even if it is just moving around hot air.

Boywondr

The truth never changes.
Screenshot_20200720-190348.png

Looks like it's hotter there...