Filing an injury report two days past recieving said injury

Hey guys, pretty sure I pulled a collarbone/rib connecting tendon without realizing it. Let my supervisor know monday night, he then made me talk to my manager and the shift manager. They didnt punk me as hard as I thought but asked me so many questions that by the time my shift manager asked "Do you want to file an injury report?' I just said no because it sounded like a big deal, and they had been asking me questions for 10 minutes straight when all I wanted to begin with was to get some help with a roller set and go the :censored2: home.

After working tuesday (yesterday) I noticed today that my problems getting worse and I cant keep loading putting most of the weight on my left arm/shoulder.

Here's where my problems begin, if Im right Ill be out of work for a week or two (maybe more) and I don't know jack about workmans comp or if Ill be eligible. I can probably get diagnosed without an xray but if I get one its like 100 dollars, and I dont have insurance, and if I dont get workmans comp I dont wanna give up a paycheck (copay, the sling theyll probably put me in and whatever other bull:censored2: they charge me with) just to have proof that Im not fit for work. From my understanding I need to make an injury report to start all this, but is it too late for that? Can I just walk in and file one two days later even if all my superiors know whats going on with me? I figure going in early, doing that and then asking for a UPS/Union doctor's name/location of practice would be the best way to go.

I have an anxiety disorder so Im probably overthinking all of this but any advice or guidance would be appreciated, Im new to unions and employer liability and all that.

UPS Preloader

Hey guys, pretty sure I pulled a collarbone/rib connecting tendon without realizing it. Let my supervisor know monday night, he then made me talk to my manager and the shift manager. They didnt punk me as hard as I thought but asked me so many questions that by the time my shift manager asked "Do you want to file an injury report?' I just said no because it sounded like a big deal, and they had been asking me questions for 10 minutes straight when all I wanted to begin with was to get some help with a roller set and go the :censored2: home.

After working tuesday (yesterday) I noticed today that my problems getting worse and I cant keep loading putting most of the weight on my left arm/shoulder.

Here's where my problems begin, if Im right Ill be out of work for a week or two (maybe more) and I don't know jack about workmans comp or if Ill be eligible. I can probably get diagnosed without an xray but if I get one its like 100 dollars, and I dont have insurance, and if I dont get workmans comp I dont wanna give up a paycheck (copay, the sling theyll probably put me in and whatever other bull:censored2: they charge me with) just to have proof that Im not fit for work. From my understanding I need to make an injury report to start all this, but is it too late for that? Can I just walk in and file one two days later even if all my superiors know whats going on with me? I figure going in early, doing that and then asking for a UPS/Union doctor's name/location of practice would be the best way to go.

I have an anxiety disorder so Im probably overthinking all of this but any advice or guidance would be appreciated, Im new to unions and employer liability and all that.

You already told them about the injury, so all you need to do is tell them it’s still bothering you and you want to file a report. Usually I would tell you to go see your doctor first, but if you don’t have insurance that may not be an option. So therefore you go see their doctor and they pay for it. If you are out more than 14 days, you can apply for Workmen’s Comp. UPS will typically deny it, so then you’ll have to fight for it. Typically you will not see any money from them until after you’re back to work and that is only if you continue to pursue the matter.

Hey thanks for the reply! I just got off the phone with my supervisor and manager and wht you said is exactly right, I let em know so now I can have em pay for the hospital trip even if I end up not getting workmans comp. Thanks for the headsup with the workmans comp though, good to know. Ill probably close the thread now