Filing grievance over working 9 1/2 hours day

barnyard

KTM rider
If you are fought on the 9/5 list, start regularly asking for an 8 hour day. Even if you do not need to be home early, an 8 hour day can be a nice break from the grind.

Nine5

Shop steward is telling me I'm supposed to let the manager know to lower my hours before I can file. Is this true or can I just file now
Your letting them know you want your hours lowered by filling a 9.5 grievance.

izr

Is this what I've been waiting for!!!!?

Attachments

• IMG_1808.jpg
    IMG_1808.jpg
    161 KB · Views: 236

Distracted driver

Distracted Driver
You have to go over 3 times in 1 week. When you do grab a shop steward and file to be put on the 9.5 list. Since you want to be on 9.5 I recommend getting a contract book and study up. Know your rights!
But let me tell you what will happen they will try to say your plan days were only 9.15 and you were paid over so your not eligible for the list ..,,, That dies not matter it's your hours worked not your plan day. Cuz as we know ups can manipulate those numbers as they usually do

35years

Gravy route
Norther California
Ask your local Stew.
But to me it looks like you have only 5 working days to file.
45 days is the next step, if not resolved.
Stop waiting, file as soon as you put in three 9.5s; and file each and every time it happens.
Get the grievance forms from the Stew, from the hall if he has none. Stock up.

35years

Gravy route
Contract says after notifying management of the issue and nothing gets resolved then I can file. I'm not worried. I have 45 days to file. Eventually I'll get it. Management only care about themselves. I'm low on the seniority list but at least I'll show them I'm not someone they can abuse everyday. You guys are the best with all this info. I was expecting the complete opposite haha
Read it again.
You have to reduce it to writing (file a grievance) within 5 working days.