Filing Labor Charges

UnconTROLLed

perfection
Months ago, we were charged double dues. 142, versus,71. The same pay week I was given a -71 reimbursement check. The Teamsters have apparently withheld this money and refuse to return it.
I called the union hall and they said I was SOL, yet I calculated my dues and it was clearly not owed and that money is mine. This came shortly after our local and/or UPS was under fire for deducting entire union initiation fees for temporary part-timers (which by itself is a scam), leaving them with 0$ paychecks at Christmas.

The only remedy is filing charges with the state wages/labor board, correct?

Boywondr

The truth never changes.
Months ago, we were charged double dues. 142, versus,71. The same pay week I was given a -71 reimbursement check. The Teamsters have apparently withheld this money and refuse to return it.
I called the union hall and they said I was SOL, yet I calculated my dues and it was clearly not owed and that money is mine. This came shortly after our local and/or UPS was under fire for deducting entire union initiation fees for temporary part-timers (which by itself is a scam), leaving them with 0$ paychecks at Christmas.

OLMS office.
Screenshot_20190925-221406_Chrome.jpg

Last edited:

Inthegame

How do you know if this "overcharge" was remitted to the union? UPS, not your local union, makes deductions on your pay.
Have you filed a grievance?

OZ 2021

So answer the question. What is your issue. Your check was net $71, not $-71. Your the one that started the post. Do you not know how to read your check.

OZ 2021

Let me guess, when the check was cut. You were fired for the 15th time. You saw the check on Upsers. You decided not to say anything until 6 months later. Believe or not it is a easy fix. Print out the check, given it to the Manager and tell them you never received this check. They can send it to payroll and they can find out if it was cashed and if not. They can reissue a new one.