Finally made full time driver

Rainman

Its all good.
Those old 8's were some of the best packages cars UPS had when they were new. Now they are beat up hunks of junk though.
You must really be old- just kidding. I drove the old style trucks for 20 years before we for a bunch of the newer trucks with auto transmission & power steering. You're right about them being good trucks, though. You could do just about anything and go just about anywhere in them. I don't miss that tall 1st step, though.

Sent using BrownCafe App

oldngray

nowhere special
You must really be old- just kidding. I drove the old style trucks for 20 years before we for a bunch of the newer trucks with auto transmission & power steering. You're right about them being good trucks, though. You could do just about anything and go just about anywhere in them. I don't miss that tall 1st step, though.

Sent using BrownCafe App

I agree that tall step sucked but those trucks were tanks.

9.5er

Seems to me that the new trucks now have a low first step but the second step seems as high as the old package cars.

BrownTexas

After starting at ups in early 2004, I quickly became a cover driver within about a year. There I sat for years, working 6 days a week and getting sent back to the hub all the time. But finally I just went full time top rate driver. I just recently passed my probation and am very happy. I'm in, I'm top rate and I couldn't be happier. Also as a little kicker when I was going through my probation 2 more people got hired on full time so I have already moved up 2 spots and another cover driver in my center goes full time in a couple weeks so I move up one spot again! That is all.
Should have came to our center. We have more than 5 new fulltime drivers that have been at UPS less than a year.

The Blackadder

Are you not amused?
After starting at ups in early 2004, I quickly became a cover driver within about a year. There I sat for years, working 6 days a week and getting sent back to the hub all the time. But finally I just went full time top rate driver. I just recently passed my probation and am very happy. I'm in, I'm top rate and I couldn't be happier. Also as a little kicker when I was going through my probation 2 more people got hired on full time so I have already moved up 2 spots and another cover driver in my center goes full time in a couple weeks so I move up one spot again! That is all.

Good for you, be safe and work hard. One thing I highly recommend is putting money into your 401k, if you have just made a large jump in pay you wont miss what you never had. When you are 65 you will be happy you saved.