Fired again

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
Did you know a safety committee is in our collective bargaining agreement? FACT
It is not as a "classification" of employees though.
In my building we have 3 full time safety committee positions, that are hidden among the full time package car driving ranks.
These so-called drivers still hold bids on routes, but never run them, instead held out and coded as "safety".
They have preferred, self directed early start times and generally get as much as 12 hours a day, or 8 and skate on Fridays.
They shuttle bulk stops and PLIBs, shag misloads, while showing no true driving stats on the following daily report.
They have their own desks and computers to do a myriad of managerial tasks, including DOK rostering, new driver paperwork, emails, conference calls, on the clock charity work, and staffing duties.
Many days they are left to "drive the boat", while the managers and supes go home.
These make shift positions are not contractual and only serve to provide false cover for managerial metrics and create a divide in the bargaining unit.

I have a grievance filed asking for these "newly created jobs" to be named and bid, or for this new classification to be negotiated by the Union.
Unfortunately, like any grievance that requires reading, research, or conflict with the Company, my Local business agents delay hearing them indefinitely.
Just yesterday, for the second time in a year, I had to assist in the filing of multiple labor charges on the Company and the Union, for not hearing grievances before the 6 month deadline to file labor charges.

It was this chain of events that caused me to have an epiphany yesterday.

From this point forward, any grievances that have not been heard and settled by the 6 month mark, I will now file labor charges knowing the NLRB will defer to the grievance process, but will add additional cost to the parties named in the charges.
It's a damn shame to have to come to this, but it is what it is.

LeadBelly

Banned
That does not prove anything
I know plenty of safety snitches that are paid weekly and can't find the union hall.
Tell me the old bs "I'm only on the safety committee to get easy ot"
Love you brother but you are a safety committee snitch FACT
I know why, and coming from me this question I have for you might raise a few eyebrows, but here goes. Why are you really so angry?

LeadBelly

Banned
So.... you're speaking for "most Locals" ??

"Bargaining unit members may not perform Safety Committee observations of fellow bargaining unit members that can be interpreted as being a management role. Safety Committee observations shall only be performed to further the purposes of that Committee as defined in this section and to promote a safer work environment. Activities will be reviewed with the Local Union. Under no circumstances can the results of a Safety Committee observation be used in any level of discipline, nor reference any individual bargaining unit member."

https://teamster.org/sites/teamster.org/files/6161478090_master_final.pdf

Well.... muscle up.... buttercup.

"In the event that a Local Union desires to cease participation in the safety committees, prior approval must be authorized by the Union Co-Chair of the Teamsters United Parcel Service National Negotiating Committee who shall also inform the Employer’s President of Labor Relations of the request."

That's the real question.

-Bug-
Lol

LeadBelly

Banned
....and it's a better tool for the Company when there is a quid pro quo relationship in effect with a weak, inept Local.
I agree, but there is always hope. Try and keep positive. You could join it and smash that mother out of the park. It's not like the Reds are going to do it this year, so you can step up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:);):(

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
I agree, but there is always hope. Try and keep positive. You could join it and smash that mother out of the park. It's not like the Reds are going to do it this year, so you can step up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:);):(
I plan to attend their monthly meeting Wednesday, but not as member, rather as the elected steward.
We'll see how long I am permitted to stay or if my Local will back me up.

anHOURover

I know why, and coming from me this question I have for you might raise a few eyebrows, but here goes. Why are you really so angry?
Because of what the Boston bully did to me. He lied to me and my co workers. We are all this angry. You should visit and see how pissed we are

wide load

Starting wage is a waste of time.
Because of what the Boston bully did to me. He lied to me and my co workers. We are all this angry. You should visit and see how :censored2: we are
That's not why and you know it. Your exactly like TDU. You blanket every elected officer as the same. But your prejudices are vastly documented.