Fired for “dishonesty”

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
There are no holes in my story. I have no reason to lie. I wasn’t positive if I hit the driver or not. The driver did not pull over which they could have because we were on a residential street but to be sure if I did hit or didn’t I attempted to follow them, flag them down and get an actual answer. On the main road in the traffic at that time I had not been able to keep up and flag them down safely. I circled back around to the residential block to see if they had returned. They had returned and were outside of the vehicle, I pulled over to speak to them and see if the truck did catch them. After speaking with the driver I called it in and they called to get an incident report. Not a complicated situation. Looking back should I have called, yes. It was a mistake. My first incident on the road and I wanted to be sure of what happened before calling it.

If that’s your story stick to it
They will be trying to twist it around on you
Count on that

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
Why make him feel bad about something that hasn’t happened?
I’ve seen drivers get fired for dishonesty and come back. That’s what I had to share if it was of consolation. And to file for backpay even if it’s a long shot.

And you did the opposite made him feel good about something that he has no control over

I don’t sugarcoat :censored2: I tell it like I see it if that hurts your little feelings so be it

imjanedoe

banned slut
And you did the opposite made him feel good about something that he has no control over

I don’t sugarcoat :censored2: I tell it like I see it if that hurts your little feelings so be it
I don’t think anyone should stress over something they can’t control. My advice was to relax the mind and enjoy the time off.
U probably don’t get a lot of things that go ur way in life. U sound like u have a chip on your shoulder dude. It’s not what you say it’s how u say it. That makes all the difference

imjanedoe

banned slut
Hope we get an update with the outcome. I would bring up wanting to work inside again I’m sure it’s different everywhere and peak is around the corner

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
I don’t think anyone should stress over something they can’t control. My advice was to relax the mind and enjoy the time off.
U probably don’t get a lot of things that go ur way in life. U sound like u have a chip on your shoulder dude. It’s not what you say it’s how u say it. That makes all the difference

No chip here
I just call’em Iike I see’em

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
So if a driver leaves after an accident and the UPS drivers calls to let the sups know, how is this not reporting? You are reporting something that may or may not of happened?

The OP didn't say if our truck was damaged?

So if a driver leaves after an accident and the UPS drivers calls to let the sups know, how is this not reporting? You are reporting something that may or may not of happened?

The OP didn't say if our truck was damaged?
Our truck was not damaged. And there was a very minor scratch on the other vehicle. They’re claiming dishonesty because I didn’t report immediately.

G.V. Rush

All Encompassing Member
Back end of the truck swiped another driver, I heard the noise wasn’t sure if I hit the driver or not as they pulled away like nothing happened. I tried to track them down to confirm. Went back to the block to see if they were back, called it in roughly an hour after it occurred. I was let go for not reporting it right away saying i was dishonest about what happened when I first called and said I wasn’t sure if I hit them to I must have hit them there is a scratch on there vehicle. What are the chances I will get my job back but can go inside? I don’t want to lose my job completely been with the company for 17 years but no longer want to drive. Union rep wasn’t much help so far. I don’t feel I did anything wrong. I wasn’t being dishonest, I wasn’t hiding the fact something happened I just wasn’t sure if something did and was trying to figure it out before calling.
While I do not wish for you to lose your job in anyway shape or form, 17 years in, you should’ve known to call it in immediately. You’ll be fine though

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
Back end of the truck swiped another driver, I heard the noise wasn’t sure if I hit the driver or not as they pulled away like nothing happened. I tried to track them down to confirm. Went back to the block to see if they were back, called it in roughly an hour after it occurred. I was let go for not reporting it right away saying i was dishonest about what happened when I first called and said I wasn’t sure if I hit them to I must have hit them there is a scratch on there vehicle. What are the chances I will get my job back but can go inside? I don’t want to lose my job completely been with the company for 17 years but no longer want to drive. Union rep wasn’t much help so far. I don’t feel I did anything wrong. I wasn’t being dishonest, I wasn’t hiding the fact something happened I just wasn’t sure if something did and was trying to figure it out before calling.
If there’s a doubt, then there’s no doubt. Report immediately.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Our truck was not damaged. And there was a very minor scratch on the other vehicle. They’re claiming dishonesty because I didn’t report immediately.
Report what? "Not sure what happened boss, but just in case, I'm letting you know". "Nothing wrong with our truck, so maybe it was nothing"?

Box Ox

Went back to the block to see if they were back, called it in roughly an hour after it occurred.
I circled back around to the residential block to see if they had returned. They had returned and were outside of the vehicle, I pulled over to speak to them and see if the truck did catch them. After speaking with the driver I called it

The car you hit had returned to the scene and its driver was standing outside of it nearly an hour after the fact? Sounds like they might've called it in to the Company and were told to return to the spot where it had happened to talk to you and/or wait for a supervisor to show up and investigate.

The car you hit had returned to the scene and its driver was standing outside of it nearly an hour after the fact? Sounds like they might've called it in to the Company and were told to return to the spot where it had happened to talk to you and/or wait for a supervisor to show up and investigate.
From the time it happened to the time I called it in was roughly an hour could have been a little less I don’t have the exact timing of it. When I pulled over to talk to them they didn’t mention that they had called and no sup told me that they called the company either but it’s possible they did. The only call I know they made was the one to the police after I arrived and we had spoke.

eats packages

Deranged lunatic
When I went back to the block to see if the car had returned. I was trying to flag them down in traffic following them from the end of the residential street to a main road and get them to pull over and see. I was unable to catch up to them with the traffic on a main road so I circled back around to the residential street where it happened to see if they returned which they did. They were outside the vehicle I pulled over we spoke I did not ask why they didn’t pull over originally in case it came across the wrong way they showed the scratch, I called it in and the person called the police to get a report.
If the evidence lines up I am highly doubtful they would be successful in a termination like this.