Fired for bringing back unscanned packages

Coldworld

60 months and counting
I'll tell you one thing-----if this were me I would come back and be the most stringent "by the book" driver they had every seen. No more favors. No more closing out my own package car. Break between the 1st and 3rd and lunch between the 3rd and the 5th. Orion 100% compliance----no exceptions.
Damn...lmao...getting all serious up in this mug...gangsta Taking no prisoners !!!!

Coldworld

60 months and counting
Does not sound like there is anything missing in the story to me.
The inexperienced acting center manager didn't know what he was doing, he is a hard ass, and dishonest...I have had managers of this type.

The directive to not sheet miss-loads as missed might have come from the prior center manager who was recently transferred. The acting center manager may not have known (or may claim ignorance) about the directive not to sheet. The instruction to sheet with separate DIAD is the smoking gun that management was trying to bury them. We had the same directive (no sheeting as missed unless directed to do so). I sheet them as missed and send them an additional text stating that I am doing so.

The acting center manager seemed not to know the driver told his on car that he would probably not be able to run them, and initially seemed unaware the driver also notified the center.
My question to the OP would be...

When you sent in the miss-loads did you initially respond Y to the prompt "can you deliver"? If so, the driver still informed his on car later on. The on car may deny meeting the driver to take the school pkgs. to avoid a grievance over that issue.

Sounds like the management team is going to try to deny that a "don't sheet till instructed to" policy existed. the OP should be finding other drivers immediately that will state they were instructed to do the same.
Call the ethics line... See what happens... Might be directly linked to monkey ass doing some freelancing for ups corporate????

scooby0048

This page left intentionally blank
If you are saying the part timers should be paid more, I don't know how much more you're thinking, that just takes money away from top scale right?
I wouldn't mind seeing the PT's getting paid more. Whether they realize it or not, how good they feel at work and how well they do their jobs has an immense impact on how my day will be and thus how I act and feel.

By The Book

Late to this thread, and it's a lively one, has anyone else thought that these unscanned pkgs may be the pkgs on his route?, and not the misloads that he's mentioned? He was told not to sheet misloads as missed if I'm reading his post right. They may of had him scan those misloads on a counter board to hide them and not to hurt the all important Orion trace.

By The Book

I wouldn't mind seeing the PT's getting paid more. Whether they realize it or not, how good they feel at work and how well they do their jobs has an immense impact on how my day will be and thus how I act and feel.
It's kind of a catch 22, vote and pass a higher wage for part timers now and when they're top scale they make less? That might be why more part timers don't push the issue so much is because they have thought of it this way. Who's underpaid and overworked IMO are the new drivers in the 4 year progression.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Nowhere did he say that he didn't take it to the clerk.
Why post irrelevant info? I asked you to show me where, based on facts presented, he said that he didn't take it to the clerk. Well, you dodged and failed.

I prefer to back an employee until proven otherwise. You? You tend to think (& post) the worst about everyone else and be judge and jury.

No one's perfect. No one means you too.
I didn't take it off car to a clerk...

I gave it to the ORS who met me on route, post #395