Fired for bringing back unscanned packages

Overpaid Union Thug

Yes I was called into the office with 2 shop stewards. He did hand me a board and had me clock in so that I would be on the clock when he terminated me. My union rep already emailed me the messages that I sent to the office upon finding the misloads.

Hmmm....here our BA is never able to get UPS to fork over any messages. Sounds like yours is a good one.

UPSjedi41

Saved this awhile back from our Diad training.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    801.9 KB · Views: 267

ManInBrown

They never reply here. We get the schpeel every morning about send it in and we will tell you whether or not to deliver it, except they never tell you. Even if you send an additional message aside from the Misload message asking if you should deliver it. Never ever get a response.

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
Doesn't sound like the center manager is too bright.

Never sheet a pkg off area and have someone else deliver it. When the GPS freaks out becuz you're not on area who the heck is going to sign for them?!

You are getting yourself into a game of complicit fraud and you can not win. Russian roulette is always terminal sooner or later.
Deliver in ETT or the counter board and it's like nothing ever happened

Dragon

Package Center Manager
Yesterday I discovered 5 misloads in my Truck, sent the messages with the DIAD and never got a response with what to do with them.. In my center we are not allowed to sheet anything as missed without prior authorization from a member of the management team.. I worked all the way up to my DOT hours due to the fact I was on a route that I had only been on a few times, and the truck being brick loaded.. Since I never received a message with what to do with the packages and not having time to run them, I returned to the building with unscanned packages on my truck. Once I parked my vehicle I went to the acting manager with my problem and explained the situation. I had not yet clocked out but he gave me another board and had me sheet them all as missed. Today I report for work and get called into the office with an article 7 termination...

Is this something I can get my job back for or is this it for me and UPS

They were recorded as missed..please re-read the post.
If it took you 14 hours to deliver a route (you even said you have been on it a couple of times) you need to be walked out...save everyone the trouble.

and the termination will not stick....work on becoming a better driver.

your supervisor was right...there were a lot of messed up centers out there yesterday...it's become the norm.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Not disagreeing. I just think there is more to this story
Honestly I've had something Similar happen. When he said acting. Center manager I was like yep. Small guy on a power trip.

Started messaging them at 3pm that I wouldn't finish what was on my truck. Well guess what didn't finish. Got fired for missed pieces. Got my job back about an hour later and "acting" center manager got a massive ass chewing.

They were recorded as missed..please re-read the post.
If it took you 14 hours to deliver a route (you even said you have been on it a couple of times) you need to be walked out...save everyone the trouble.

and the termination will not stick....work on becoming a better driver.

your supervisor was right...there were a lot of messed up centers out there yesterday...it's become the norm.
Can I give you an agree and a red X?

Turdferguson

Just a turd
If they have their package what complaint is going to come in?
You would be suprised how diligently some of these people watch and follow their tracking info. It is insane.
As an example you have an Amazon customer get a,text from Amazon your delivery is complete. They run outside looking for package. Package is in seat of supervisor car. They burn up Amazon, UPS 800 numbers ,post on Facebook, take to twitter, or mistakenly post on here. Someone somewhere starts to look into it. There is a trail and what they are doing is dishonest and falsifying records

G.V. Rush

All Encompassing Member
He asked me why I did not contact my supervisor directly. I told him that my supervisor met me on road to take 2 packages to a school for me and at that time I told him I had the misloads and that I probably would not have time to run them. My supervisor was to busy... to take them due to the fact ( in his own words ) the whole belt was :censored2:ed up and he had tons of fires to put out.
First off, misloads on your truck are not initially your fault. You reported the misloads which is not a no-scan. It is your responsibility to comply with DOT. If you can't comply with DOT and have service on misloads, that's not your fault whatsoever. File, file, and file again

You would be suprised how diligently some of these people watch and follow their tracking info. It is insane.
As an example you have an Amazon customer get a,text from Amazon your delivery is complete. They run outside looking for package. Package is in seat of supervisor car. They burn up Amazon, UPS 800 numbers ,post on Facebook, take to twitter, or mistakenly post on here. Someone somewhere starts to look into it. There is a trail and what they are doing is dishonest and falsifying records
I can't even post some of the shady crap that management does. It's ridiculous.
Then when they get caught, throw the rookie under the bus

Just stand up and say we can get it done with the imaginary horse crap numbers you want.

Corporate never sees the problem , so it will never get fixed.