Fired for (dishonesty) stealing time

BadIdeaGuy

Staff member
With all respect....

I do my job. I'm not scared or concerned. Telematics are always there as are cameras. I have good on time departures and travel times. If, I sense any delay....I message or tap delay.....I don't deliberately milk the clock.....all of this keeps you off the X.

To your question.....don't care. Doesn't matter....
BS.

I've been a helper for probably close to 50 drivers over the last 5+ years.
I have NEVER met one yet that didn't cut any corners at all, or didn't slip up in one way or another.

Mostly good drivers. Who do decent work.

But you're telling me you've never forgotten to use three points of contact leaving your vehicle?
You've never taken a phone call on the clock?
You've never walked through a yard instead of taking the driveway?

None of us are perfect at our job. And we all know when management is looking for something to criticize, they'll find it even if they have to make it up.

We had a Circle of Honor driver get pulled from service last summer because management saw an empty water bottle fly out of his trash can and end up in the street while they were doing an observation.

Did he mean to litter?
I'd bet good money no.

But management was just waiting for something they could go after.

quad decade guy

So, you think the company should run the safety committee however they see fit?
Is that what you’re trying to say ?
No. But you aren't very good at interpretation or context or even basic reasoning(my opinion).

BTW, it is their company.......

I don't attend safety comm. meetings because it has no meaningful power to affect change. That is what I am trying to say. It is merely ceremonial and constricted by the Union.

quad decade guy

BS.

I've been a helper for probably close to 50 drivers over the last 5+ years.
I have NEVER met one yet that didn't cut any corners at all, or didn't slip up in one way or another.

Mostly good drivers. Who do decent work.

But you're telling me you've never forgotten to use three points of contact leaving your vehicle?
You've never taken a phone call on the clock?
You've never walked through a yard instead of taking the driveway?

None of us are perfect at our job. And we all know when management is looking for something to criticize, they'll find it even if they have to make it up.

We had a Circle of Honor driver get pulled from service last summer because management saw an empty water bottle fly out of his trash can and end up in the street while they were doing an observation.

Did he mean to litter?
I'd bet good money no.

But management was just waiting for something they could go after.
I don't worry.

My statement stands.

Yes, I make mistakes....but I'm not on the radar. I try to use 3 points of contact. I know of a feeder driver that deliberately doesn't. Or wear a vest or park where he is supposed to.....he has been called on the carpet for all of those. See? I know of another that got a warning letter for running a stop sign right in front of an ORS on property....

But then he is the type that has been fired several times.....not me.

RMR46

They pulled telematics on me and accused me of stealing time. When I would go to lunch I would sometime clock back 10-20 minutes before going back to work. Most of them times, in that 10-20 min span, I would either be using the rest room or using the phone. They terminated me Friday for dishonesty. I have to meet with our UPsers team union leader on next Friday along with our district manger to explain my reasonings to why I was stealing time and they will decide if I get my job back. Has anyone ever had this problem. I’ve never been warned and I have had no other issues in the past 9 months. Will I get my job back?? Thanks
I think if I read your post right? You were basically taking 30 minutes lunch. Instead of the hour we get so you basically turned yourself in for taking 30 minutes that you should have just left as lunch some days I split my lunch up 3 * 15 minutes 15 minutes 30 minutes sometimes 45 minutes and then 15 minutes later or whatever the way you want to do an hour but it sounds like you. screwed up. When you get your job back don't do it again

Red Devil

The Power of Connected
I think if I read your post right? You were basically taking 30 minutes lunch. Instead of the hour we get so you basically turned yourself in for taking 30 minutes that you should have just left as lunch some days I split my lunch up 3 * 15 minutes 15 minutes 30 minutes sometimes 45 minutes and then 15 minutes later or whatever the way you want to do an hour but it sounds like you. screwed up. When you get your job back don't do it again

Yes

thecamel

Waiting to put the re in front of tired
This guy zachups is long gone. Fired on December 31st. Local hearing scheduled for January 7th. Last seen on this site January 6th. Don't make personal calls on the clock......and call it lunch.

Steamer

They pulled telematics on me and accused me of stealing time. When I would go to lunch I would sometime clock back 10-20 minutes before going back to work. Most of them times, in that 10-20 min span, I would either be using the rest room or using the phone. They terminated me Friday for dishonesty. I have to meet with our UPsers team union leader on next Friday along with our district manger to explain my reasonings to why I was stealing time and they will decide if I get my job back. Has anyone ever had this problem. I’ve never been warned and I have had no other issues in the past 9 months. Will I get my job back?? Thanks
Why would you clock back in and then sit there? Hmmmm stealing time.

My situation was similar… I arrived to work on time to start my shift, clocked in on time, then ran back out to my car to get my bottle of water. I was back in less than two minutes. At the end of the shift my supervisor pulled me into the office and asked me if I had left the building after clocking in. I wanted to be truthful so I admitted to going out to my car. The supervisor then said I could not be scheduled to work anymore.

I was still on my probationary period at that time.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
My situation was similar… I arrived to work on time to start my shift, clocked in on time, then ran back out to my car to get my bottle of water. I was back in less than two minutes. At the end of the shift my supervisor pulled me into the office and asked me if I had left the building after clocking in. I wanted to be truthful so I admitted to going out to my car. The supervisor then said I could not be scheduled to work anymore.

So do you still work for ups or just something you wanted to share

Brownwind

Practicing cool solutions? Getting water is different than grabbing your headphones and a snack. Always remember to bring your water with you

Practicing cool solutions? Getting water is different than grabbing your headphones and a snack. Always remember to bring your water with you
Yes, I agree. It is different. When the untimely, unfortunate death of Esteban Chavez Jr. occurred, the autopsy revealed that the cause of death was not a lack in daily dose of Metallica, and not because he didn’t snap into a Slim Jim. It was because of dehydration and heat exhaustion.
I would think water is kinda on the same lines as prescribed insulin.
Anyways, this all happened to me 5 years ago. I worked out of the Customer Center in Akron, OH. My license class has changed to CDL. That is why I still try and apply.