Fired for intoxication but I wasn't drunk

backstory I was out last night til last call then went to a buddies place and kept the night going longer then it should of. woke up late rushed home grabbed my browns and took off. Got pulled over on the way for speeding, cop let me go with a warning but asked if id been drinking cause I guess I still smelled line it. Txtd my supe to let them know what happened, got to work and as i was brushin past the management to get to my truck they pulled me aside and told me i was gonna have to get checked if I was safe to drive. Long story short after going to work doctor my results showed a .06 level so they terminated me on the spot. My steward says there's nothing to be done cause of the 0 tolerance policy, I disagree cause i felt sober and would of been fine. so is there anything I can do now....?

Turdferguson

Just a turd
backstory I was out last night til last call then went to a buddies place and kept the night going longer then it should of. woke up late rushed home grabbed my browns and took off. Got pulled over on the way for speeding, cop let me go with a warning but asked if id been drinking cause I guess I still smelled line it. Txtd my supe to let them know what happened, got to work and as i was brushin past the management to get to my truck they pulled me aside and told me i was gonna have to get checked if I was safe to drive. Long story short after going to work doctor my results showed a .06 level so they terminated me on the spot. My steward says there's nothing to be done cause of the 0 tolerance policy, I disagree cause i felt sober and would of been fine. so is there anything I can do now....?

You can grieve it, but you're an idiot for driving with any alcohol in you.

Indecisi0n

Doesn't matter if you disagree or not . You had alcohol in your system so your screwed . I never understood why guys partied this hard before work .You should have just called out if it turned into a later night than expected .

Babagounj

Strength through joy
See HR at Fedex.

Doesn't matter if you disagree or not . You had alcohol in your system so your screwed . I never understood why guys partied this hard before work .You should have just called out if it turned into a later night than expected .

woke up too late to call out with out getting management on my back over it. went out as a celebration of sorts for my buddy getting a solid promotion as his job and for me finally hitting that top rate mark last month

Johney

Doesn't matter if you disagree or not . You had alcohol in your system so your screwed .
Nope. We had a guy fail a random in feeders. He called and informed our boss that he couldn't go on-road, they sent him through the program and is now back to work.

Indecisi0n

Nope. We had a guy fail a random in feeders. He called and informed our boss that he couldn't go on-road, they sent him through the program and is now back to work.
Guess it all depends on where you are . We had two guys fired and never got their jobs back for this very same reason. Young kids who party hard and late on weekdays.

silenze

Lunch is the best part of the day
This is something your business agent has to try and fix.
If you get tested call your business agent so he can try and get the results thrown out for improper procedure. Once the results come back its going to be too late. You will have to go through the sap program.

Johney

Let me ask this, had you already grabbed your DIAD and punched in? If so, you may be done as you had intention's of going on-road. Our guy had not yet punched in. He may have been very lucky he wasn't.

Indecisi0n

Let me ask this, had you already grabbed your DIAD and punched in? If so, you may be done as you had intention's of going on-road. Our guy had not yet punched in. He may have been very lucky he wasn't.
This right here. A lot of people think you just get a free one time pass but that's incorrect. If like you said had intentions of going on the road and were stopped your SOL.

i did the upser login thing and was going to my truck waiting for it to get to the original time card screen. they asked me for my board when they pulled me aside to talk

MattM

Did you literally text your supe that the cops pulled you over and that you smelt like booze?

Never be too honest. I feel half the guys at my building are on something.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
E8DB8127-8971-43F0-BC57-258D9E871010.gif

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS

What time did you quit drinking?

Don’t lie