Fired for opening up and retaping box.

Brown_Star

Methods Man
I was recently walk out of the door for opening up a box in my truck. It was my last stop and the box was under another box. I pulled the box out and it open. I taped it back up and tried to deliver it but found out it did not go to that address I was in front of anyway. Since it was my last stop I did not scan the package as a misload. When I got back to the building I was told it was tapering with a package with an intent to steal. I go to panel to try to fight for my innocence.
image.jpg

I was recently walk out of the door for opening up a box in my truck. It was my last stop and the box was under another box. I pulled the box out and it open. I taped it back up and tried to deliver it but found out it did not go to that address I was in front of anyway. Since it was my last stop I did not scan the package as a misload. When I got back to the building I was told it was tapering with a package with an intent to steal. I go to panel to try to fight for my innocence.
I wouldn't be posting about this on this forum. I'd ask a moderator to delete this thread.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
You took the weed didn't you come on we won't judge

10 point

Questions:
#1) Why didnt you scan it as a misload? Is this the first time you've done this? Busted before? Dishonest before?
#2) "Intent to steal"? Did you take or attempt to take the pkg or any contents of it with you? Tracking devices are worthless unless they travel somewhere they shouldn't go.
#3) You know to scan it as a Misload. It's recent and yearly diad training. Then sheet it as missed if they instruct you to. Putting " pkg open" in the remarks and giving it to a clerk somewhat covers your butt in case someone stole something out of it or some of it fell out along the way.

Too many unanswered questions here.
How hard do we want to make this job?

McGee

It was your last stop and it was UNDER another box?? shouldn't have been, don't you know about moving the stops forward so you have to step into the back one, maybe two steps at the most ... AND you never scanned it? Sorry dude but good luck to ya.... integrity, remember that one? Never, EVER OPEN a box, and not scanning it... wow!

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
The option is in the DIAD.

If the company doesn't like it.... take it out.

You can't be disciplined for "honesty".

-Bug-
No you cannot, but they will try to.
We have been told there is no such thing as a damage, its other Missed, they they will diad you and try to tell you to let the consignee open it then refuse it. Because we cannot have missed.

Unless of course its a management mistake, then we can miss them all day and twice on most days, and no one gets reamed.

In my training, we are not allowed to have a tape gun in the truck. We might be tempted to steal. Like you are going to try to steal a pottery barn, south shore furniture, fingerhut, BBI, you know all that crap that falls apart when its dropped on the floor and you fight it all day?

Kind of like when mailbox was an option, but forbidden to use it.

Sheet every package, not in 1 loose dog, ni1 needs inspection, nsn, anything will do. Just dont bring it back without a status.

mike1646

We don't have the damaged option either. They said that if a package has multiple items and we sheet it up damaged UPS has to pay for the whole content of the package and not just the single item that's damaged.
UPS will inspect the package and decide what's damaged and what's not.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
Wow. It's scary how arrogant you are. Feel bad for the employees you represent.
Actually no, we are adults and we have to work as instructed. If we do not there is not much any rep can do. They are not responsible for getting people out of problems they create by not sheeting a package every single time, no matter what you sheet it as. That is something I tell every newbie, and if you dont know call, or text on your diad and ask. Even sheeting it as emergency condition would have covered his butt. Then you could use, "hey I am new, didnt know"

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
Not to change the subject, but there is a whole lot the new guys do not get told. I try to help them when I can. Not that I am any super driver, I just know how ups is. And it has got to be real tough to be a new driver now. Especially one off the street.