Fired for opening up and retaping box.

10 point

We r not allowed to sheet as damaged
Neither were/are we.

But, on a safety ride an on car told me last year to sheet a damaged pkg as damaged and it will (rightfully) be pinned on the preload. I did what he said and a preload supe was all uptight the next morning about it.

I guess it works.

You'd think that we'd all have cookie cutter rules from cookie cutter management trained by the company that demands consistency.

Too many martinis at the marble palace at lunch?

Future

Victory Ride
Neither were/are we.

But, on a safety ride an on car told me last year to sheet a damaged pkg as damaged and it will (rightfully) be pinned on the preload. I did what he said and a preload supe was all uptight the next morning about it.

I guess it works.

You'd think that we'd all have cookie cutter rules from cookie cutter management trained by the company that demands consistency.

Too many martinis at the marble palace at lunch?
Been roughly 2-3 years ....not allowed to sheet as damaged

UpsYours

we are now told to sheet any poss. damage as future and bring in to have inspected or repacked.it used to be not too long ago that we were told to sheet as refused and in comments put poss damage.then customers were like we didn t refuse del...ive been told in the past to just del nomatter what it looks like.i stay away from that.

Future

Victory Ride
we are now told to sheet any poss. damage as future and bring in to have inspected or repacked.it used to be not too long ago that we were told to sheet as refused and in comments put poss damage.then customers were like we didn t refuse del...ive been told in the past to just del nomatter what it looks like.i stay away from that.
Like how you used my name in there!

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
I was recently walk out of the door for opening up a box in my truck. It was my last stop and the box was under another box. I pulled the box out and it open. I taped it back up and tried to deliver it but found out it did not go to that address I was in front of anyway. Since it was my last stop I did not scan the package as a misload. When I got back to the building I was told it was tapering with a package with an intent to steal. I go to panel to try to fight for my innocence.

Allow me to translate from the original Moronic language:

I have some vague knowledge of UPS operations and as such, I am attempting to troll. I want to believe that I was fired for theft even thought any Package car Driver knows, not sheeting will get one in trouble much quicker. I also want you to suspend any belief in the fact, that I did not see two packages even though it was my last stop on a empty shelf. Management somehow found the missed in question, even thought I failed to scan it. As a mater of fact, they said I was stealing this parcel because it was sealed. I skipped right by any hearings and will go right to the arbitration panel. Oh, and by the way, I'm innocent.

10 point

Been roughly 2-3 years ....not allowed to sheet as damaged
. Yeah. Whichever way the wind blows. Some of the CMs and belt supes are just plain ignorant.

A few years ago the training came out on damages being sheeted as missed with no exceptions. "Rips in the box, holes, crushed, protruding objects, wet and/or leaking contents, etc, etc, etc". I thought "alright....about time!" and the next day as I parked in a dock to deliver I went thru my load to find some victim pkgs. I found about 6 that fit the description of "damsged " and sheeted them all missed.

About an hr later a supe pulled up beside me, got into my PC with tape gun in hand and proceeded to start taping up the boxes. I told him to stop working but he was kinda hard-headed. Some pkgs were beyond repair but he told me to del them anyway. That hacked me off even more.

I filed for supes doing hourly work the next day.

Every pkg loaded into my PC for the next yr after that were pristine.

It gets old training management to do their job but I get paid by the hr so oh well.

10 point

Yeah. They tried that here and LP came in and had a little chat with the center manager.
It didn't go well for him.

Future

Victory Ride
. Yeah. Whichever way the wind blows. Some of the CMs and belt supes are just plain ignorant.

A few years ago the training came out on damages being sheeted as missed with no exceptions. "Rips in the box, holes, crushed, protruding objects, wet and/or leaking contents, etc, etc, etc". I thought "alright....about time!" and the next day as I parked in a dock to deliver I went thru my load to find some victim pkgs. I found about 6 that fit the description of "damsged " and sheeted them all missed.

About an hr later a supe pulled up beside me, got into my PC with tape gun in hand and proceeded to start taping up the boxes. I told him to stop working but he was kinda hard-headed. Some pkgs were beyond repair but he told me to del them anyway. That hacked me off even more.

I filed for supes doing hourly work the next day.

Every pkg loaded into my PC for the next yr after that were pristine.

It gets old training management to do their job but I get paid by the hr so oh well.
We r told to sheet as missed ......and to send message into center .....never had a issue

10 point

We r told to sheet as missed ......and to send message into center .....never had a issue
When the PDS is trying to make the #'s look good to his boss the damages soar.
Quality and speed are a tough combination.
Hiding (falsifying) damages as futures is a slippery slope.

The issue is really simple...
fix the pkging and verify the contents before it gets loaded on my PC so we won't have a problem making service.

Last edited:

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I wouldn't do it I have no problem delivering misloads or backtracking if I find something last minute mixed in with pickups but they'd never know anyway would they

You should always send in all off area misloads so that the driver on that area is not wasting time looking for them. You can indicate whether or not you can run them off.

dookie stain

Cornfed whiteboy
You should always send in all off area misloads so that the driver on that area is not wasting time looking for them. You can indicate whether or not you can run them off.
I always do that and I always say no I can't deliver but then when I get down to about 10 stops of my own I get a message saying deliver misloads...I know a lot of guys just won't send them in and then toss them on the belt when they get in