Fired for social media?

rod

Retired 22 years
I would have been dangerous if there would have been social media when I worked. I was the one who was always putting up crazy stuff in the locker room and around the building.

MisplacedRailWorker

an absolute *ing disgrace of a human being.
I’ve been a teamster since the age of 19, Local 177, 877, brotherhood of locomotive engineers and trainmen (BLE-T) division 226 at the present
And to that effect: Teamsters have never done anything for me good bad or indifferent.

I don’t cost my company money, I don’t get injured, and I work as directed. Take my union dues and leave me the :censored2: alone;
This attitude has worked very effectively my entire working life

Yeet

Not gonna let ‘em catch the Midnight Rider
I would have been dangerous if there would have been social media when I worked. I was the one who was always putting up crazy stuff in the locker room and around the building.
So YOU’RE the one drawing on the walls and vandalizing safety postings by the pissers in the feeder restroom! You’re doing the lord’s work, my friend. May you live forever.

rod

Retired 22 years
So YOU’RE the one drawing on the walls and vandalizing safety postings by the pissers in the feeder restroom! You’re doing the lord’s work, my friend. May you live forever.
:-) I was know as the Mysterious Avenger by my peers. Mostly it was all in fun but there were a few times management didn't think it was so funny and they requested that whoever was posting that crap --knock it off.

Hot Carl

We had a driver fired for posting a picture of a wrecked truck that was parked out in the yard on Facebook. He grieved it and got his job back, but, yeah. Watch your ass. UPS will aggressively come after you over social media posts that even remotely damages the company’s image. I don’t even bother with it.

11.19igrad

had a driver here on his “ last chance” agreement because of DUIs/etc subject to randoms....idiot posts himself drinking heavily on a Sunday night on “Facebook”...fired Monday.
🧔✊
so dui drivers get 2nd and 15th chances.... 🤔🤔🙄

" but he knew how to use a handbrake"
😀😀😀😀

there- i did it for you.

BSWALKS

Fugitive From Reality
They tried to fire someone here for posts on her Only Fans page but backed off once she brought up the fact that all of her management staff subscribed to the page.

MisplacedRailWorker

so dui drivers get 2nd and 15th chances.... 🤔🤔🙄

" but he knew how to use a handbrake"
😀😀😀😀

there- i did it for you.
Negative.
  • Consumption of alcohol on UPS property during work is a fireable offense
  • Any motor vehicle accident is a fireable offense, because the top violation in that scenario is failure to follow the methods and maintain space on all four sides

MisplacedRailWorker

Negative.
  • Consumption of alcohol on UPS property during work is a fireable offense
  • Any motor vehicle accident is a fireable offense, because the top violation in that scenario is failure to follow the methods and maintain space on all four sides
A DUI in a personal vehicle varies greatly across different regions/supplements

Frowned upon by UPS if they run their (yearly) MVR before you get a temporary or conditional.

In a lot of regions/locals you can work inside while your license is suspended or revoked, how much you’ll make doing that and if that’s even an available option depends on too many factors to list here
Seniority, disciplinary record, and in case somebody searches this topic in the future and comes across my post here is the a critical piece of advice:

Any issues/changes to your driving privileges should be discussed ONLY and I mean only with your shop steward. As soon as feasible

Overpaid Union Thug

Can you be fired from UPS for something you post on social media? Hypothetically.

Thanks.
Back during the “vote no campaign” leading up to the last contract a driver was fired for trashing specific managers (on Facebook) from various buildings that were attempting to fire him. They were after him in retaliation for being so active against that contract passing.

His case ended up in front of a judge and that judge ruled that being targeted by UPS in that manner was a violation. But then immediately ruled that UPS didn’t have to reinstate him due to his personal attacks against those individuals in Facebook posts.