Fired for tampering

Flippah

I was fired for tampering last week. Went to the panel yesterday and it was deadlocked and going to arbitration.

So this is how the day went.
I came in to work at 8:30 and got pulled over in the office by sup and got a letter for failure to follow procedures because i forgot to turn in an apple package at the end of day to the clerk and it was left in the truck. So anyways i was in the pffice til 9:20am then left for my route, got to my first stop 9:40am and started delivering air so i dont have any missed before 10:30am. My truck was brick loaded to where i had to lift my hand truck over packages just to get it to fit and close door. At 11:15 while delievering i accidently smashed my finger in the door so i called it in and a supervisor arrived in his personal car to see how i was doing and said another supervisor was on his way with a empty package car so i can switch and take the empty to the clinic. While waiting for other sup to get there, the supervisor who arrived first asked me to help him sort the car, so i helped him with that and by then the other supervisor had arrived and i left there to go to the clinic at around 1220pm. After returning to the building 4 hours later i was pulled in to an office and told i had tampered with a package. Lp claims they were following me that day and met with supervisor after i left for clinic to retrieve the salted package. Loss prevention claims they put a sealed package on the 5000 shelf and tape was cut and opened. I told them i didnt do it. And when i left the package car at 1220, right before that me and a supervisor went thru the truck and even he didnt see anything wrong. Well i got fired and the supervisor told LP that he did go over the truck but not every single package so he doesnt know. I told them to look at the telematics that i didnt have enough time to even go thru my whole load from when i left building til i got hurt and left for clinic. I only worked from the 1000 shelf and why didnt LP retrieve that pacakge when i was there with a supervisor and showed me the package. So anyways there are no witness, no dye packs and nothing on my hands. They say because i intended to steal it which i didnt and i didnt even see that package in my car, :censored2: i couldnt even get to that pacakge until my supervisor came and helped sort the load so we could walk thru the car. So anyways im fired and when to panel yesterday and it was deadlocked.

Any advice would be really appreiciated because ive worked too hard for this job and done aome :censored2:ty jobs to gy to driving to loose it for something i didnt do.
Thanks.

What happens when it goes to arbitration? And should i just start looking for another job?

Flippah

I am being truthful. By the way when i went to the panel yesterday they agreed to pay me for the days ive missed work and til my case get heard by arbirator.

fres431

You went to local panel or state panel? Typical ya do local 1st if they can't agree ya go to a 6 panel state 3 for ups 3 union..being deadlocked on 3 3 panel is uncommon and most of the time they don't like going to arbitration cuz the expense

Faceplanted

If your story is true, settle for nothing other than backpay. Did you even have a Stewart with you during this talk with lp?

As stated I would also see if u can sit down with a labor attorney for free to explain the situation and what they could do if u don't get your job back. I'm gonna assume u will be back before it comes to that, but it's good to be proactive.

I hope you filed a bunch of greviences for your termination. Harassment, discrimination as well as the grevience on the discharge

When you do come back with backpay be ready to have a huge target in your back. Do everything by the book

Flippah

Yes i did have a stewart present but the steward is from local sort and preload and had no idea what was going on. Just sat there with no questions at all.

I was told by union that they will be calling me so their lawyer can talk to me.

And they already decided to give me backpay and pay for while im waiting for arbitration.

But i rather be working then sitting at home and getting paid cause i have a lot of people looking up to me and my family was proud of me cause i had a job here. Which is more of a reason why i wouldnt risk getting fired for somethig that stupid.

PT Car Washer

If you are receiving back pay they must not think they have a very good case against you. Does sound really weak from the way you describe it. May even get an offer to drop it and bring you back to work.

Flippah

Im 29 and i dont wanna sue them. I just want my job back. Like i said it means a lot more to me just having the job back. Only thing missing from what i previously said is that i did have a lot of missed scans and was over in hours alot of times but thats a long way from tampering. I was getting letters 4 out of 5 days some of the weeks and for things like missed a scan of a package that wasnt even in my edd. Or making an attempt on a call tag which as verified by telematics but forgetting to scan the call tag which also was not in edd. But ive never been questioned or recieved any letter for regarding tampering or theft.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Im 29 and i dont wanna sue them. I just want my job back. Like i said it means a lot more to me just having the job back. Only thing missing from what i previously said is that i did have a lot of missed scans and was over in hours alot of times but thats a long way from tampering. I was getting letters 4 out of 5 days some of the weeks and for things like missed a scan of a package that wasnt even in my edd. Or making an attempt on a call tag which as verified by telematics but forgetting to scan the call tag which also was not in edd. But ive never been questioned or recieved any letter for regarding tampering or theft.

You sound like a problem child that they were trying to get rid of.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
If I were innocent as you (the OP) state to be, I would request a polygraph test ASAP! Step two would be a employment attorney with due haste.

LP doesn't just salt loads on the fly. Something else is going on here.