Fired for tampering

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
Honestly, OP
You sound like a sloppy driver.
Missing scans? Not sheeting call tags? Not securing high value items (apple)?

You should get your job back because this LP witchhunt doesn't have a leg to stand on.
But I suggest you start doing the job correctly because your next termination is right around the corner with that huge target on your back.

moldsporh

Did I miss something......did you or did you not file a grievance on being terminated?

If you didn't file then you better otherwise you won't get your job back, you won't even get a hearing.....so file now.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
Yes i did have a stewart present but the steward is from local sort and preload and had no idea what was going on. Just sat there with no questions at all.

I was told by union that they will be calling me so their lawyer can talk to me.

And they already decided to give me backpay and pay for while im waiting for arbitration.

But i rather be working then sitting at home and getting paid cause i have a lot of people looking up to me and my family was proud of me cause i had a job here. Which is more of a reason why i wouldnt risk getting fired for somethig that stupid.
You wouldn't risk getting fired over something stupid? You mean like not working as directed and leaving a HV package in your truck for anyone to steal?

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
If I were innocent as you (the OP) state to be, I would request a polygraph test ASAP! Step two would be a employment attorney with due haste.

LP doesn't just salt loads on the fly. Something else is going on here.
Agreed...if LP set you up and followed you..chances are that a package previously went missing and lit up a bullseye on your back.

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
i believe you. just be honest and if you get your job back, and it sounds like you will .

you do need to work on your methods. maybe that is why they salted your load.

please update us on what's happening. thanks.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
Depending on what state OP is in that's illegal practice.
Maybe it's illegal to be prosecuted for....depending on the state's laws on entrapment. But getting fired for UPS theft? Ehhh....I don't know. If LP, for example, marks a 20 dollar bill...and leaves it in the break room and an employee takes it...It's still stealing.

upschuck

Our LP will put salt drug boxes that have the substance that black light illuminates, then everybody has to pass through the black light when they leave. They have caught some like that.

Orion inc.

I like turtles
There seems to be a few variables missing from this story. LP doesn't get involved or randomly pick on a driver unless there is history there.
Why hasn't the OP obtained an attorney? This is a pretty serious accusation and he should lawyer up.

What were previous grievances filed or previous accusations made by management?

There has to be more to this story. I'm wondering if LP and management would "frame" you for serious theft just because you're a sloppy driver? It seems like that would put them in a legal bind that could cost the company and their own jobs.

If the supervisor helped you sort while waiting and then apparently the box was tampered with, why isn't the supervisor being accused as well? You both were in the truck for a period of time sorting, and then you went to the clinic while that sup was still in truck.
Was that even mentioned by your steward or BA?

What else is missing?

fres431

Maybe it's illegal to be prosecuted for....depending on the state's laws on entrapment. But getting fired for UPS theft? Ehhh....I don't know. If LP, for example, marks a 20 dollar bill...and leaves it in the break room and an employee takes it...It's still stealing.
Prior to my ups career I was a manager(not at ups)planting something for someone to take was illegal in ca then. Laws may have changed in last x yrs on that but I know it was illegal at the time I was manager

Flippah

Im from california. There has been some pacakges that was in edd but not in car but ive never recieved a letter or even had any management ask me questions about those. The supervisor is been accused because he is a supervisor and they believe his word over mines even though they know that the same supervisor has previously in more then one occasion wrote me up and claimed i was in a meeting with him and a union steward on a day that i didnt even work. And maybe because i have pictures from my diad like these
20151009_220611.jpg