Fired for tampering

barnyard

KTM rider
Thanks for all the replys. My question was what happens or how does that process work when going to arbirtation? I was told by my business agent that they will contact me so i can speak with their lawyer.

You should call back your business agent and ask him/her. He/she knows and should have advice on the smartest way to proceed.

JL 0513

The whole thing seems very shady.

So the one package they planted happens to be the one they found tampered with. On a day that you hurt yourself and were away from your car with a sup having control of the load for a period of time. Doing this to a guy that isn't good for production numbers.

If the OP is stating facts, then the whole thing seems like a BS setup. But why would a sup and an LP risk their careers just to get rid of an honest driver just because he effects numbers?

trickpony1

But why would a sup and an LP risk their careers just to get rid of an honest driver just because he effects numbers?

Supes and LP risk their careers on a regular basis knowing that proving their actions wrong, illegal or unethical would be extremely difficult.

It's a "big versus little" scenario with the little guy usually losing.

You worked here very long?

JL 0513

Supes and LP risk their careers on a regular basis knowing that proving their actions wrong, illegal or unethical would be extremely difficult.

It's a "big versus little" scenario with the little guy usually losing.

You worked here very long?

Going on 9 years. We don't have loss prevention here, although if we had a suspected employee I imagine they'd bring someone in. I've never heard of a sup engaging in a setup.

JL 0513

I've worked here probably longer than you've been alive.

I've seen a lot.

Someday the "glow and gloss" will wear off for you unless, of course, you work at a really small extended center in the middle of nowhere.

I don't think you've been with UPS for 37 years. I'm in a center on the coast of MA, very high population. I'm not here speaking highly of sups and things. Just saying we don't see the things being described here. Sorry, I don't see how guys making $90K a year would have reason for stealing a stupid package. If I new a package was filled with gold bars, I wouldn't even think of messing with it. The job is worth a lot more.

Overpaid Union Thug

I've worked here probably longer than you've been alive.

I've seen a lot.

Someday the "glow and gloss" will wear off for you unless, of course, you work at a really small extended center in the middle of nowhere.
Extended centers are not immune to must of the daily trials that happen in the hubs. I can vouch for that. There are some differences though. Some good. Some bad.

Covemastah

Hoopah drives the boat Chief !!
Every driver can take once , but when you put your hand back in the jar be prepared

LP doesn't get involved on a one shot deal , so you had to do something that got their attention

The good for you is they don't have a case because the truck broke down and you had a sup with you they are reaching and hoping something sticks
I see your point ,, how ever no one should ever take a thing , and posting something like this make us look like potential thieves to the general public ,, but sadly your point is valid !

Covemastah

Hoopah drives the boat Chief !!
It would drive me crazy when helpers or people at a dock would look into my cah and say stuff like ohhh look at that pkg , where is that going , you should grab that for your self ,, I once dropped helper off on corner telling him he's done and called center on him ,, had his hand in a pkg,, nevah saw him again !!
The only two things you have here is your seniority and your integrity !!

Browneyes68

Innocent people don't nervously ask people,who have no insight or knowledge about a situation to forecast what will or might happen, in an attempt to quell anxiety of impending administrative action.

How would you, OP, expect anyone on this forum to reliably forecast the outcome of something they have limited (one side of story) information? You're more likely to receive more compelling results by asking your family dog, who should love you no matter what!
Bottom line: if you're guilty, yes by all means, bow out.
IF you're wrongly accused, don't worry because you have nothing to worry about.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
I have never heard of this before - the company agreeing to pay you while not working. It seems to make no sense, the may end up having to give you back pay but they also may not and it doesn't follow what I've seen in the past for the company not to take their chances with an arbitrator rather than just give away money for nothing.
My question is....he was fired...and less than a week later it goes to panel?? Seems awfully fast.....

Browneyes68

All these " questions " popping up = there's more to this situation than we know. Same reason courts hear both sides of a story before making decisions about legal cases.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
All these " questions " popping up = there's more to this situation than we know. Same reason courts hear both sides of a story before making decisions about legal cases.
Agreed. I don't understand why people even friggin bother posting a problem or situation that they're having and leave out part of the story. It's a waste of time for both the Poster and the readers. Either be honest or piss off.....

Nevermore1

They tried to get my husband for theft once. Claimed they had him on video tossing boxes out the back of a trailer over the fence to some other people. Problem was the guy doing it was a lot thinner than my husband. The LP at his hub harrassed him for 2 weeks and even went as far as to drive nearly 80 miles to our house to try to search the property and see if she could get in to the house (we know for certain she went out there because she told us detailed locations of where she illegally searched) when we weren't there. Sometimes some people just decide that you are going to be their target. If you have a negative history already it just makes it easier for them. Good luck with panels.