Fired, I can't believe this is happening

km3

And the driver would be in the hook for it.

That too. It's just interesting how much my experiences as a helper differ from what drivers on here say. I was trusted with info notices, service crosses, and the DIAD at all times. Most drivers on here say they wouldn't let helpers touch the DIAD.

That too. It's just interesting how much my experiences as a helper differ from what drivers on here say. I was trusted with info notices, service crosses, and the DIAD at all times. Most drivers on here say they wouldn't let helpers touch the DIAD.
Most of them have little training and the driver doesn't have time to train him or her

Me and another driver shared a helper one year. She was a prostitute living in a halfway house.

Dear lord....lol

MaggiePen79

Does the driver sign the board, or do you ?

Is that what the problem was. It just kept beeping when i tried to finish delivery. Then I hit button with pen picture and just wrote a check mark in that box thingy and big arrow down and finished delivery.

That only happened once though.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

One of the first things I do is get the helper up to speed on the basics of the DIAD.

MaggiePen79

who the hell let you do that? Must be a clueless seasonal driver
No he is full time cover driver he kind of weird TBH keep showing me pictures of girl he met online nothing bad just kind of odd. SHe looked like 30 years older and think he said was 40.

He is always too busy texting while i did all the work.

km3

Most of them have little training and the driver doesn't have time to train him or her

Me and another driver shared a helper one year. She was a prostitute living in a halfway house.

Dear lord....lol

First year, I was on a mall route. Needless to say, that driver was going to train me whether he "had time" or not. Unless he wanted me shadowing him all day. He liked to be left alone, so he got me going on the DIAD, and we pretty much split up all day, every day after that. Spent maybe 15 minutes on any given day within 10 ft. of the man. Took our lunches separately, too. He'd take lunch, while I'd deliver, then we'd switch.

By the second year, I already knew what I needed to know in terms of handling the DIAD, so the driver that year showed me everything else as needed from that point on.

First year, I was on a mall route. Needless to say, that driver was going to train me whether he "had time" or not. Unless he wanted me shadowing him all day. He liked to be left alone, so he got me going on the DIAD, and we pretty much split up all day, every day after that. Spent maybe 15 minutes on any given day within 10 ft. of the man. Took our lunches separately, too. He'd take lunch, while I'd deliver, then we'd switch.

By the second year, I already knew what I needed to know in terms of handling the DIAD, so the driver that year showed me everything else as needed from that point on.
Most of us aren't as fortune to get a helper such as yourself. Thankfully I don't get one anymore