Fired?

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
After working about 5 months I'm positive I made my 30 working days but was never notified about it or about when i could join the union. In my 30 working days there were 2 days I missed due to being sick. Last Friday, I had a family member dealing with a mental disorder and could not clock in to work. (Yes, I'm not going to risk losing a family member for a job.) The call out number was not working so I texted my supervisor.( The last time I called out the call out number was not working so I texted him saying I would be sick) We work in the AM and I did not want to call in case he was sleeping. At the end of my message I asked what the start time for Monday (today) would be and never received a response so I did not come in as the start times are given to us for the next work day at the end of the current work day. Am I fired? Is there anything I can do to attempt to get my job back? I tried to call human resources but I cannot find a number anywhere.
So in 5 months....you've missed 3 days and a NCNS? nice.

Jkloc420

Do you need an air compressor or tire gauge
The calling in thing can be difficult with ups. For example at my center the supervisors don't like to answer the phone. However not sure if this guy was on call or had a legit start time. I don't understand the texting a supervisor thing either. I don't know if it is just me but I don't like texting any of my supervisor even if I am somewhat friends with them. Really one simple rule for UPs is pretty much so up for work if needed. If you call off one day you get the next day for free which means it only counts has one. However you have to call them the first day.

upschuck

Welcome to BC @JonWVU.

When you go into work tomorrow, you will get a little talk with, but you should be fine. Make sure steward is in there with you.

After the meeting, tell him/her that you want to join union.

The Blackadder

Are you not amused?
After working about 5 months I'm positive I made my 30 working days but was never notified about it or about when i could join the union. In my 30 working days there were 2 days I missed due to being sick. Last Friday, I had a family member dealing with a mental disorder and could not clock in to work. (Yes, I'm not going to risk losing a family member for a job.) The call out number was not working so I texted my supervisor.( The last time I called out the call out number was not working so I texted him saying I would be sick) We work in the AM and I did not want to call in case he was sleeping. At the end of my message I asked what the start time for Monday (today) would be and never received a response so I did not come in as the start times are given to us for the next work day at the end of the current work day. Am I fired? Is there anything I can do to attempt to get my job back? I tried to call human resources but I cannot find a number anywhere.

Life is tough, it is even tougher when you are stupid. John Wayne

watdaflock?

I asked what the start time for Monday (today) would be and never received a response so I did not come in
Whoops. You screwed up when you didn't go in. You should have at least gone in the same start time of the last Monday you worked or to be safe, arrive 15 minutes earlier than normal.

You got :censored2:ED ROYALLY...