First Aid Kits

dannyboy

From the promised LAND
UPS is not required to have first aid kits anywhere but in the offices. BUT If your building does have first aids kits they are required to be fully stocked.

Wow, if you could have left it at this, we would have 100% agreement. As long as the kits are accessable......

But no, you had to put your personal spin on the subject

Quite honestly I am surprised buildings still have first aid kits that are accessible to hourly employees. Most buldings in my region have done away with the first aid kits. So if you have First Aids kits around your building and they are not stocked, UPS is in violation. My advice to any management people out there, is to take them down. Saved my district a ton of headaches.

And this activity was authorized by whom? Oh I get it, you are the UPS management answer man, do things your way or the high way. Yup, another good indicator the company is going under.

Once a kit is there, you dont have that right to remove them without corp approval.

Here is a perfect example of your ignorance. Item 12 is titled First Aid Kits. They only need to be accessible to management, and there is no set number on how many you need. I have done Facility Audits, and I have deducted points for not having the First Aid Kits stocked.

And how much for not having any kits? You claim you removed them all, what do you put down on the audit?
Two buildings of the same size had First Aid Kits. One had 30 First Aid kits and the other had 4. Both buildings First Aid Kits were in compliance and the both were awarded the same amount of points. This has been a hot topic lately and when I talk to other managers, I tell them to take them down.

Again, renegade sup. I guess that gives you a false sense of power.

You cheap union people steal the contents of the First Aid kits so you don't have to buy band aids and ice packs at home anyhow.

And I would be you cheap management people dont steal? Put your money where your mouth is, if there is actually an issue, deal with it. After all, you are super sup. You know and can deal with everything.

As for the injury, unless the employee can not assist himself, company procedures prohibit assisting even the most simple injury, as the sups do not have the proper training for medical assistance.

And as such, they do not have the ability to diagnose your injury. Of course, you dont want to take a trip to the ER for a scratch, but remember, there needs to be some sort of paperwork filled out on the injury, regardless of the severity.

Think of it this way.

Auto accidents. If you were to just barely bump another vehicle, or a light pole, doing only very minor damage, they want a complete accident report filled out, and non compliance will cost you your job.

Now, why should injuries be any different. But yet it is, due to the attitude of the center team to try to hide injuries, and the severity.

If it lays the skin layer open, always, always always go to the ER. Cover your behind.

d

Integrity

Binge Poster
Here is a perfect example of your ignorance. Item 12 is titled First Aid Kits. They only need to be accessible to management, and there is no set number on how many you need. I have done Facility Audits, and I have deducted points for not having the First Aid Kits stocked.

Two buildings of the same size had First Aid Kits. One had 30 First Aid kits and the other had 4. Both buildings First Aid Kits were in compliance and the both were awarded the same amount of points. This has been a hot topic lately and when I talk to other managers, I tell them to take them down. You cheap union people steal the contents of the First Aid kits so you don't have to buy band aids and ice packs at home anyhow.

UPSSOCKS,
I think you are wrong on this matter. It is clear that First Aid Kits are something that is required at UPS. It is clear that they are to be around the building, accessible to the workforce. Although you are correct in that I don't see a required quantity, experience has shown that 1 per work area provides the accessibility needed for those injured doing their job to self administer first aid as needed.

I would have to question the integrity of the CHSP Facility Audit that you mentioned.
Anyone with a little experience knows that it is common at UPS to have CHSP Facility Audits that are poorly done and others that are simply paper jobs. I hope that is not the case with the CHSP Facility Audit that you mentioned.

The inablility to keep the first aid kits adequately stocked is more an example of the managements lack of committment in this area than it is of rampant theft of first aid kit contents. Although I won't disagree some employees (management and hourly) probably do take some first aid kit supplies for their personal use.
I don't condone this use.
Sincerely,
I

UPSSOCKS

DannyBoy you should of been a supervisor. Because atleast you would have know what you are talking about. Who told you that you need corporate approval to take down First Aid kits? I cleared it with my DM and that's it. Second I didn't remove them all, every office still has a kit in them. I just don't want them in plain sight of the union people. If someone needs a band aid, they need to notify their sup and he can help them put it on. (Kind of like a day care!) One more thing I do have the power and don't you forget it.

As For Mr. Integrity. Just put in for supervision. Quit pretending to be management when you at home, by yourself. Do you actually role play about what you would do if you got to be a part time supervisoor?

rod

Retired 22 years
DannyBoy you should of been a supervisor. Because atleast you would have know what you are talking about. Who told you that you need corporate approval to take down First Aid kits? I cleared it with my DM and that's it. Second I didn't remove them all, every office still has a kit in them. I just don't want them in plain sight of the union people. If someone needs a band aid, they need to notify their sup and he can help them put it on. (Kind of like a day care!) One more thing I do have the power and don't you forget it.

As For Mr. Integrity. Just put in for supervision. Quit pretending to be management when you at home, by yourself. Do you actually role play about what you would do if you got to be a part time supervisoor?

You talk like there is always management around. Not so in the smaller centers. Especiially after about noon an Friday

tfinnegan

happy exupser
Ok...self administered first aid..Oh..no first aid kit in bldg, advise supv. and call in an injury report, then go to ER and guess who pays...BIG BROWN...maybe next time the first aid kits would be cheaper than all the claims being filed.

Integrity

Binge Poster
Who told you that you need corporate approval to take down First Aid kits? I cleared it with my DM and that's it.

UPSSOCKS,
Unfortunately for UPS not all DMs can be trusted to be looking out for the best interests of UPS. They have been known to snub their noses at some Corporate UPS Policies. DM level management do not set Corporate policy, they are required to follow policy. All UPS employees should be careful who they trust.

Do you actually role play about what you would do if you got to be a part time supervisoor?
No.

dannyboy

From the promised LAND
The first time someone in the building needed first aid, and we went to where the kit used to hang, your behind would be hanging next to it shortly. See, while you love to rant and rave about how powerful you are, you really have none. Slightly more than the preload part time sup, but thats about it. Keep telling yourself you are all powerful. IT will make you feel better.

As for your treatment, you have to diagnose first. And unless you have training, it is way above your pay grade to treat after rendering a diagnosis.

As has been posted, someone like you needs someone like me to hold you accountable.

PM me, and I will schedule a visit to show you how its done.

Best

d

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
Free Healthcare does not mean you can steal the company band aids and ice packs.

Somebody needs to call LP on me.

I'm a thief. I have stolen UPS property in my home.

No joke...I have a jar on my desk with four UPS pens in it. I also have a few pads of delivery notes laying around, a DIAD stylus, and a couple of those old pocket protectors.

I also have a banker's clasp left over from when we used 50-liners and clipboards.

It gets worse. Last month, I cut my finger on the park brake lever of my pup trailer. I took 3 band-aids from the company first aid kit, and only used 2 of them. I think the other one is in the pocket of my vest, along with one of the little mini-packets of 2 Ibuprofen.

I guess I will just sit here and wait for LP to kick down my door.

tardus

At our center there is a lady who is constantly harassed by LP for bringing a whole backpack with supplies into the building each day. But when I cut my finger, the first aid boxes were empty. Who do you think they went to to ask for a band aid? ... the lady with the backpack kindly provided me with a band aid to stop my bleeding.

I see i started some conversation on the subject haha. Funny thing is, after all this time of the kits being empty, a couple days after i made the first post it started to get stocked again and now its almost 100% full. VERY interesting how this happened. It appears they must have spent milions of dollars to track my username down and too see which hub i worked in, and then had to spend a couple more million to find out which PD i work in, and then had to spend another $50.00 to fill the first aid kit LOL.

over9five

Staff member
I see i started some conversation on the subject haha. Funny thing is, after all this time of the kits being empty, a couple days after i made the first post it started to get stocked again and now its almost 100% full. VERY interesting how this happened. It appears they must have spent milions of dollars to track my username down and too see which hub i worked in, and then had to spend a couple more million to find out which PD i work in, and then had to spend another $50.00 to fill the first aid kit LOL.
Actually.... they gave me $10 to rat out your location. Glad I was able to help out!

UPSSOCKS

I am sure someone cares about you and your concerns...

wornoutupser

You cheap union people steal the contents of the First Aid kits so you don't have to buy band aids and ice packs at home anyhow.

I do believe that Mr. UPS Socks has comitted defamation of character. I say lets get a class action lawsuit of all union employees and take care of business!

I AM NOT CHEAP!

UPSSOCKS

I do believe that Mr. UPS Socks has comitted defamation of character. I say lets get a class action lawsuit of all union employees and take care of business!

I AM NOT CHEAP!

Yeah, string him up.........