First day as a TCD

PT Car Washer

If i do not get it down within the 3 days of training, will I get terminated or will they give me more time to get it down?
You have 30 days. After 20 days you should be running a full route in the allowed time. Most training routes are not that tough. Neither are they easy, just a good mix of business deliveries and pick ups and residential stops.

BrownDog5117

It's completely understandable to be nervous for your first day. I know I was.

Just be a sponge on Day 1. Ask a bunch of questions, take mental notes on where commercial customers receive, and learn as much about the Diad as you can.

When you are out driving on your own, the best piece of information I can give you is this:

"One package at a time. It will all come off."

As long as they see a day to day improvement, you'll be fine. It's not for everyone that's for sure. However, there is a learning curve, as with every job, and everyone picks it up at different rates. You'll get there if you are willing to work hard.

Oh and be safe.... Your bones will appreciate it as you get older.

Billy Ray

God, help us all.....
Be aware of who is willing to sign the diad at the commercial stops. Try to remember their last name, and learn their first name as soon as you can. Smile

TG43

They don't do nearly enough diad training in my opinion. My sup would have been waay better off spending a couple hours in the building teaching me the diad than being in a hurry to impress center manager how quick we got back. If I had issues with the diad, my sup would just take it and fix it, I got pis.sed and told him that didn't teach me anything, lol. Of course it's easy now, but stuff as simple as the "this is a driver release package..." really messed me up at first.

Savvy412

Man... just go out.

We all were like you but you just have to have faith in your self and remind your self "its just a job" "it's just a job"

Remind your self to MAN UP

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

They don't do nearly enough diad training in my opinion. My sup would have been waay better off spending a couple hours in the building teaching me the diad than being in a hurry to impress center manager how quick we got back. If I had issues with the diad, my sup would just take it and fix it, I got pis.sed and told him that didn't teach me anything, lol. Of course it's easy now, but stuff as simple as the "this is a driver release package..." really messed me up at first.

The DIAD is the one thing that most milleniels seems to get the hang of pretty quickly.

Fnix

When you get done with your Next Day Air in the morning stop and take a 5-10 minute break and go through your pick ups and see what the times are and if you can grab them with your deliveries. Press the "commit" softkey and scroll through all your commit times and make sure you GPS any unfamiliar addresses to make sure they are businesses. Not all businesses need to be off at 1700 (save-a-lot, autozone, gas stations) for example.

Taking a little time after your Next Days in the morning to go through your pickups, commits, and route will help you picture how to run your day and save you time having to back track and eliminate possible missed businesses.

As a driver do not try to falsify or hide anything. Management know you will have late air, and missed pick ups, and businesses. Just learn from your mistakes and show improvement. Call the center with any questions regarding service issues before they happen.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
Pack lunch so you don't have to go looking for a place to eat. Bring bottles to pee in.
Bring a tote and a couple dr bags so you can MacGyver up a poor mans toilet....don't Forget to grab some tp on the way out the building...very important because hot chicks don't like stinky ass!!!