First Raise

Mo19072

Do you get your first raise after one year of seniority or one year of being hired? My shop stewart said the latter but it sounds wrong.

542thruNthru

This. You don’t start gaining seniority until after your 30 days here. Before that, you don’t exist.

To make sure we understand each other.
If you first say is July 1st and 30 working days later you qualify. Your seniority date is July 1st here. Not the day you qualify.

Yeet

Not gonna let ‘em catch the Midnight Rider
If you first say is July 1st and 30 working days later you qualify. Your seniority date is July 1st here. Not the day you qualify.
Correct unless you are hired somewhere around October, can’t remember the exact date. Then your 30 day clock doesn’t start until the new year.

Netsua 3:16

AND THAT’S THE BOTTOM LINE
I am pretty sure that there is no company wide standard or directive when it comes to seniority date; My seniority date is my first day of drive school. Others in my building have a first day on road seniority date. Others have a completed packet day seniority date.
So basically, it’s totally random...