First victory in UPS/MBE lawsuit goes to the franchisees of MBE

T

tieguy

Feederdude I don't think you understand the issue. I don't need your approval and I have a right as a free thinking, free speaking individual with this company to let disloyal know that I strongly disapprove of his disloyalty and his whining on multiple message boards. Whether I decide to sugercoat that message or decide to be a little more blunt the answer and the feeling I give him will be the same. If you think I should sugercoat the message then I frankly feel your asking me to be dishonest.

I

interested

Tie,

What part of the situation is there to understand. You can voice your viewpoint as strenuously as you like-Do you think Dannyboy is in agreement with Loyalmbe? No way!! Does he resort to calling people names-No.

Tie, any of us could engage in the same type of behavior, It isn't as though your writing style and ability to support logical, well thought out arguments are part of your arsenal. You would prove to be easy fodder in any match of wits, but that is not what these boards represent.

Do you understand that?

D

deliver_man

That's right, interested! Give him that "tough love"! I'm sure that if you just keep badgering him every day, he will eventually start taking your delicate sensibilities into account before he posts! Heck, I can see him starting to crack already....

I

interested

Deliver Man,

That is exactly what I am talking about. You don't have to call people names to argue your point, delivering some hard line sarcasm can be a very effective tool to let people know where you stand.

Good stuff.

P

playinthru

LoyalMBE , Another question, If you decide to sell your franchise, must the buyer agree to become a UPS Store?

L

loyalmbe

>>LoyalMBE , Another question, If you decide to sell your franchise, must the buyer agree to become a UPS Store?<<

This is yet to be determined - UPS/MBE say yes. Our attornies say no. I feel this is restricting both my rights and those of a potential buyer.

At least one franchisee I know about has avoided this issue by selling the business as an assets only sale. The new owner moved the assets to another location close by and opened as an independent. This came about because the buyer's legal and accounting counsel advised him not to sign the UPS Store agreements.

I bought an MBE franchisee and I should be able to sell an MBE franchisee subject to the buyer meeting reasonable requirements to be a franchisee.

L

loyalmbe

>>I don't want your opinion in fact I think your now trying to be an a_hole in offering it to me after I have told you many times that I don't want it.<<

tieguy, yes he did offer an opinion, he also acked a question which you chose not to answer.
I realize that what I am saying in this post is an opinion, and I am not asking for a reply.

Just stating my opinion.

I

interested

Tie,

If you post something on a public message board you are generally giving an opinion on something.

You have to expect replies to that opinion.

Regardless of whether or not you want my opinion, I will post on these boards as I see fit. Most of your rhetoric receives strong opinion because of the way you present yourself. Some of your diatribe is well thought out and firmly rooted in experience, however-ALL OF YOUR POSTINGS ARE FAIR GAME. If you don't want someones opinion, don't post on a public message board.

If you get an opinion you can't handle or find yourself defending a weak position, you can choose not to participate in the thread any longer. If you do choose to participate, be adult enough to handle the opinions of others.

Remember Tie-It is not he who gains the exact point in dispute who scores the most in controversy, but he who shows the most forbearance and the better temper-Samuel Butler.

T

tieguy

I guess I'm just sooooo lucky to have you to witness to me brother. Whats next the collection plate?

I

interested

Tie,

Much better. Good use of sarcasm, nice reference to the higher power-No deragatory sobriquets or bitter effusive language.

You'll catch on-keep at it.

P

proups

interested: are you as educated as your posts sound, or do you have to pull out a dictionary to find the most eloquent wording to use in your posts?

Remember, most of us are just a bunch of plain spoken, hard working people!

I

interested

Proups,

Point well taken. I hadn't thought about my choice of language. I read the board when I can, and answer postings rather quickly. I will clean up my posts.

Thank you for the feedback.

T

tieguy

Its apparent I was too nice that time since interested approved. I apologize to the rest of the group. I know when interested approves I'm really screwed up.

D

dammor

Interested,

Pay no attention to the folks behind the curtian.
I am one the the grunts here, but I am intelligent enough to only have to look up 3 or 4 words in the dictionary every time you post. Don't dummy down for anyone Interested. It would bore you and insult some of us.
beret.gif

T

tieguy

Indeed Dammor,
I am certainly acquiescent to matriculating in Interesteds' cafe seminary. I exult at engaging exegesis in a cultivated reciprocation of embellished commentary. Let our words meretriciously adumbrate our puerile thought process.

I

interested

Nice. I had to go to my dictionary three times.

Words can be provoke a lot of thought and be fun to use. I appreciate your input Dammor, and Proups' point is not without merit either. I guess it's true that too much of any thing is bad.

Mark Twain once said, "that the difference between the right word and almost the right word, is like the difference between lightning and a lightning bug".

Tie-Touch.

L

loyalmbe

Quote of the Moment
It's hard to beat a person who never gives up
~Babe Ruth ~

D

dammor

Another Quote Of The Moment

SACRIFICE: Your role may be thankless, but if you're willing to give it your all,you just might bring success to those that outlast you.

~DESPAIR.COM~

BURNOUT: Attitudes are contagious. Mine might kill you.

~Same~

BLAME: The secret to success is knowing who to blame for your failures.

~Same~

AMBITION: The journey of a thousand miles sometimes ends very, very badly.

~Same~

DYSFUNCTION: The only consistent feature of all of your dissatisfying relationships is you.

~Same~

And my favorite.

MEETINGS: None of us is as dumb as all of us.

~Same~

L

loyalmbe

Actually, you mention meetings. My favorite on that topic. (long meetings, in particular)

"The mind can only absorb as much as the butt can endure."