First victory in UPS/MBE lawsuit goes to the franchisees of MBE

B

brown39

The sobbing of these mbe leftovers, like they didn't pay franchise fees, like fees now paid to UPS from the UPSS is something new. I keep saying these mbe leftovers are beating a dead horse, they made the wrong choice, now they want someone else to pay for it. Sour grapes, more sour grapes.

L

loyalmbe

Tieguy, the exact percentage is irrelevant - is stealing 8% less wrong than stealing 50%??

Brown39, nobody is sobbing but you.

We are taking positive action, keep your ears and eyes open. God gave you two ears, two eyes and only on mouth for a reason.

T

traveler

<font size="+1">Stealing!?!</font>

Had you opened this venture on your own, stealing would be the operative word.

Since you opened with help (MBE originally) they or their successors are certainly due a fair share of the revenue.

I think you showed <font color="119911"><font size="+1">your true colors</font></font><font color="000000"> with that last post.</font>

B

brown39

Hey Loyal, it appears that the grey matter between your two ears gelled up, you took the wrong road and now you play the blame game, with baseless, worthless moans dealing with the losses you are sustaining daily. Suck it up, take your medicine. Poor Choice, Success of competition against you. Enough said, go back to crying.

D

dannyboy

Aint that just like a liberal cry baby, gladly signs a contract understanding what the percentages will be (UP FRONT NO LESS), then crys and whines about it to a bunch of hard working guys that could really care less.

You made the bed you're sleeping in, dont come looking to me for pity.

d

L

loyalmbe

bfts, the road less traveled is not necessarily the wrong road, some sold out, some took the high road.

You keep accusing me of crying and moaning about losses, but you have no foundation, no documentation upon which to make those accusations.

Actually, my business is doing quite well due to the fine support of FedEx. Sorry, bfts.

Dannyboy, I think you are taking things out of context. Tieguy accused us of gouging and I simply pointed out that if we charge more, UPS is certainly to take a percentage of the extra amount, so don't accuse of stealing from customers if UPS is going to take a share or every nickel we charge.

D

dannyboy

First off it is "UPS is certain to take a percentage of the extra amount" Not certainly.

As for what UPS takes or doesnt take, that should be spelled out in your contract. All you owe UPS is what they charge you for the packages you ship out and other services that they provide for you. If you "gouge" the customer, that money is yours, just dont let UPS know.

The way I understand the program they are giving you a large discount on the cost of shipping your packages. You are to only collect from the customer the customer counter rates, ie UPS rates, as advertised. If you charge more than that, would it not be a violation of your contract with UPS.

IF you want to charge more than UPS rates, then the independant counter is the way to go. Just dont whine when a UPS store goes in and puts you out of business.

d

L

loyalmbe

Dannyboy, you don't seem to understand - UPS gets the cost of the package as spelled out in the carrier contract plus a royalty on the retail amount charged to the customer. This is where I am stating that UPS is condemning those who charge more than the suggested retail rate, while profiting themselves from that higher charge.

D

dannyboy

Why shouldnt they? You are useing their name!

Kinda like Burger King. To be a Burger King you have to buy all your food from certain vendors, even if you can get the foods from a local supplier that has much better quality, better prices, and much quicker service. Ok, So Burger King makes money on that transaction.

Then you pay them a percentage on your gross sales. If you listen to the comercials, you will hear at the end, "at participating locations only". That means that some charge what the company tells them to, and others charge more. Bottom line is that regardless of what you charge, they get a percentage of the total. Then you also have to pay a franchise fee. Never heard anybody say that Burger King, or for that matter ANY of the franchised business's, that the parent company was ripping them off.

Hell you signed the contract, you knew what you were doing. Now go out there and make bunches of money for yourself and UPS. If you spend all your time crying about the share UPS takes out, go out on your own and do it. HEll if your so smart, start your own MBE type business and then let the postal service or FDX pay you 350 million for it. That ought to make you happy!

Come to think about it, probably not. But then you just cant please everyone.

d

U

upsdawg

Go Yankees!!

I have read the various comments on this thread and agree with the following comments and have some questions:

UPS Bailed out MBE before their previous owner US Stationary filed Chapter 11------was there the same loyalty to US Stationary by the Loyal MBE people on this thread?? What would have happened if UPS did not bail them out----would they all now be independent, and they could charge anything they want and not have to pay anyone royaltys??

UPS has brought the UPS Stores in line with a uniform, non-gouging rate structure which allows customers to return after feeling un-gouged and will continue to return now that the rates are competitive---and not be forced to go to the USPS----is this a win-win for all--return customers?

The comments that if there are MBE or UPS Store owners who are not happy to sell makes sense----go elsewhere and charge what you want--let the market decide your future--give better service and charge more and see if you are competitive.

I would hope that I am an open minded person and would think that there is a plan on how to utilize the $10 billion investment that UPS has made in Technology to use this for the UPS Stores---creation of WI-FI Hot Spots?----how about a special rate for customers who want to ship froma UPS Store to a UPS Store---and compensate the UPS Stores fairly---what else can be done to increase the foot traffic into the UPS Stores?

The consistent message that goes for UPS employees or UPS Store owners is that if you are not happy with the company that you are dealing with----find another one-------why not go to Pak Mail or Postal Annex and see if they have abetter program--------or go Independent!!

P

proups

upsdawg: great post. Exactly what I have been trying to get across to loyalmbe.

Now you need to get ready for the incoming verbal assualt! Look out!!!!!

shoot.gif

L

loyalmbe

Upsdawg,

So nice of you to extend the offer for us to go independent and give up the name we paid dearly to build.

However, I doubt you have the authority to extend this offer.

Please tell us in what capacity you judge our intentions and in what capacity you offer us the opportunity to go independent. If your offer was bonafide, some might choose to accept.

I will let the courts decide what UPS must do to right the wrongs.

T

tieguy

UPSDawg great post except for one small problem gratitude is not in the MBE vocabulary.

L

loyalmbe

>>UPSDawg great post except for one small problem gratitude is not in the MBE vocabulary.<<

tieguy,

So, what's your point. Gratitude is not a word that was used either in his post or my response.

We will show our gratitude to our attornies when this whole mess is concluded in our favor.

Stay tuned.

regards,

loyalmbe

B

brownmonster

Why don't we all chip in and build a UPS store across from Loyalmbe's location and see who wins.

T

tieguy

looks like a great job. ship 5 packages at 300 dollars each and cry on the internet all day about how UPS is trying to screw you.

P

proups

loyalmbe is waiting on a court to rule in their favor....then what happens?

The MBE renegades should remember that the IRS beat UPS once in the court system, then after about three years of legal reviews, that ruling was overturned and the IRS had to pay UPS back.

MBE is fighting an uphill battle....like Mt. Everest uphill, ya know?

T

tieguy

Indeed. Their business by plan will have a lot of churn. Once someone starts regularly shipping packages chances are they will call UPS and arrange a regular pickup. Occasional shippers can now go on the internet, pay to ship a package and then hand the package to a UPS driver. MBE's that do not diversify were destined for hard times. This lawsuit is nothing more than the MBE's attempt to sponge a payoff for a dying business.

L

loyalmbe

tieguy says

"Indeed. Their business by plan will have a lot of churn. Once someone starts regularly shipping >>packages chances are they will call UPS and arrange a regular pickup"

Tieguy,

So, the truth is out! - All the hype durring the gold shield presentations about MBE being the premier retail outlet, changing UPS 6 digit accounts over to MBE house accounts, closing or curtailing hours at UPS Customer Counters (now called UPS Customer Centers in imitation of the Designation used by MBE for many years), all of this was hype, deceitful and misleading.

The intent was always to churn the business, make the owners work harder for less, let them make just enough to continue the struggle.

Thanks for clearing this up for us.

Quote of the Moment
Never doubt that a small, group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has.
~Margaret Mead ~

I remain Multi-Carrier today, Multi-Carrier tommorrow, Multi-Carrier Forever

Offering my customers Fedex, UPS, USPS, California Overnight and Freight Services at competive rates. It's all about service, competence and choices.