fishing

Eat Sleep Fish

Jig Master
Hope it's a great time:thumbup1: whether the catch is good or not. I love a guy that loves his passions....... as long as they are legal of course.
Catch all the bluegill you can before it's illegal. They are quite tasty.
Surely it will never be illegal. Tons of panfish to go around. If you haven't noticed, I love to talk all things fishing. I go whenever I can. Got a few honey holes here in the Bluegrass State.

Eat Sleep Fish

Jig Master
20190518_204510.jpg

Eat Sleep Fish

Jig Master
Got a huge mess of gills today. The weather was great and the wax worm bite was the ticket. Still in the cooler but I am betting around 40 or so.

fishtm2001

Got a huge mess of gills today. The weather was great and the wax worm bite was the ticket. Still in the cooler but I am betting around 40 or so.
Nice batch, no better eating fish imo. Just a note, though. Years ago an old timer told me to try and toss back the big breader males. Go ahead and keep as many females as you want since each produces thousands of eggs. Those big bulls maintain the gene pool.

Eat Sleep Fish

Jig Master
Nice batch, no better eating fish imo. Just a note, though. Years ago an old timer told me to try and toss back the big breader males. Go ahead and keep as many females as you want since each produces thousands of eggs. Those big bulls maintain the gene pool.
I have heard it the other way around too. Thanks for that info though. I have been thinking of changing my routine because I want fish to be there for future generations. I have a few REALLY good panfish lakes I go to a lot. I am satisfied with a mess of 20 but it is hard to throw em back when the catches get bigger as the day goes on, as was the case yesterday. Right before dark was go time. I usually only keep the females that I have gut hooked. Gonna die anyway. Your post got me to changing it up.