FL storm

Scottyhawk

What is it? A brown box. Duh
Storm screwed up my weekend plans, was supposed to see a concert tonight on the beach in Atlanit City and it was cancelled

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
I was on St. George Island vacationing and we were forced to evacuate Wednesday due to the expected surge. We left at five in the afternoon and the place looked deserted.

Orion inc.

I like turtles
I seen a couple feeder drivers from Jax that I've never seen before. Tells me the senior guys chose opt. 3 over that mess.

Just lots of rain. I heard even Tampa and Orlando were out in it too

I'm thinking ups would not shut down unless the Feds shut the roads down.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
In hind sight, was the evacuation justified or were they being overly cautious?

SGI is a barrier island with no real high ground, so the problem with a surge is flooded cars. I was wanting to stay Thursday night and check out in the morning as originally planned, we would have beat the surge and drove home six hours in the rain. Most of the houses are built at least ten feet off the ground. Visitors were told to vacate first and then homeowners. Most of the damage turned out to be bayside with some docks washed away. A woman at the visitor's center told us the street would be full of ruined washers and dryers since a lot of those are in laundry rooms under the houses.

Last edited:

Big Arrow Down...D

Leave the gun,take the cannoli
image.jpeg