toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
100_2286.jpg
100_2286.jpg

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
It was awful, we thought it was a plane crash, it sounded like a bunch of 747s parked in my yard. It felt like an earthquake.
I have tried to get closer, Sherrif wont let me. I still believe it was a crash, and it may have crashed into a line, but Im a conspiracy person anyway. No sirens, at all from 7 companies............Under current events, I posted a link, Im not the onluy local that doubts the media..........
I was in my jammies, rushing to the scene, with my dogs, blankets, water, etc, I thought it may have been a meteor, or the end 2012 early, it was that loud. They say it was the purging of the line, it sounded like something incoming, and the sky was bright pink/orange, and I have no clue how an underground line in such a remote area, could explode, but they keep giving silly answers, I just dont know Upstate..............

dannyboy

From the promised LAND
View from the back porch 2.jpgView from the back porch.jpgTooner

The majority of the gas lines in the US are getting old. So they decrease the presure on those lines. But some, cant take it and go boom. I have seen photos of areas where the burn radius is when one goes up. I would not want to be within two miles of the place.

That being said, they put in a new line right beside the older line behind the house. I have no doubt the new line is very safe. I can not say the same for the older line.

As you can see by the photo, I do mean right behind the house.
View from the back porch.jpg
View from the back porch 2.jpg

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
That being said, they put in a new line right beside the older line behind the house. I have no doubt the new line is very safe. I can not say the same for the older line.

As you can see by the photo, I do mean right behind the house.

Danny, is this from the Plantation Pipeline? I have three lines running across one corner of my property. There is no telling what is going through those pipes at any given time.

Big Babooba

Curiosity got the best of me when I saw this clip.
[video=youtube;vLph3wLyTo4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vLph3wLyTo4&feature=related[/video]

All I can say is that I had bad aim and my right cheek hurts.

dannyboy

From the promised LAND
Nope, this is part of the pipeline that starts in both LA and TX. It serves the east coast, DC and downward. All that flows through both is natural gas. The new one at twice the presure as the old line.

d

upsgrunt

How do you get anything to grow in that red soil; or is it clay? Our soil, north and west of you about 400 miles, is black.

Nimnim

The Nim
Yeah, my phones camera isn't that great, especially when taking pictures at 12:30 am of a fire.

0214110031.jpg

This was about 10 feet tall, fairly quickly brought down and a cover put on the barrel being used so as to not alarm the neighbors.

0214110122.jpg

Closer shot with the cover on, the flame in the middle is actually a candle sitting on the top with the flames licking out the side of the top next to it.

1206100537.jpg

Aluminium is melted down as a recreation on Sunday nights.

dannyboy

From the promised LAND
How do you get anything to grow in that red soil; or is it clay? Our soil, north and west of you about 400 miles, is black.
Actually, the top 3-8 inches is pretty black. The top soil is where the action is, the rest just anchors the plant.

They had to do a bit of blasting, as in places the rocks(or the tops of the mountains) are right near the surface. Still have not figured out how they shape the blast to where it blows the other direction, without even rattling the dishes in the kitchen, which was maybe 30 feet from the blast.

I grew up in Iowa, little town called Nichols. Moved there after a three year stint in Brazil, where we moved when I was two from Germany. We had 2-4 feet of top soil or more in places. While I miss the soil, I dont miss the winters and summers. Spring and fall were too short.

d

menotyou

bella amicizia
Yeah, my phones camera isn't that great, especially when taking pictures at 12:30 am of a fire.

0214110031.jpg

This was about 10 feet tall, fairly quickly brought down and a cover put on the barrel being used so as to not alarm the neighbors.

0214110122.jpg

Closer shot with the cover on, the flame in the middle is actually a candle sitting on the top with the flames licking out the side of the top next to it.

1206100537.jpg

Aluminium is melted down as a recreation on Sunday nights.
Looks like a hot time in the city last nite!!

dannyboy

From the promised LAND
The actual path would have taken off the back of the house. The new line is 30 feet from the old line....30 feet toward the house. But as it approaches the house, they moved it to 15 feet from the old line. It made for some interesting turns. What is cool is that they placed the whole section in place, all 200+ feet of pre-welded pipe, in one long section, and it fit perfectly. The workmanship on the line is amazing to watch.

One thing on this project did remind me of UPS though. We repeatedly marked the underground electric service to the shop where all the fish are kept. AT least 10 times and each time there were project managers there to see, evaluate and ask questions. They even put a stack of tires on each end of the line, and marked it with paint.

Problem was none of them bothered to forward this information to the dozer operator, who dropped the blade and cut the line within seconds. Took out the power to the shop. Within minutes the fish began to die, as the water temps in the Greenhouse was in the upper 80's. By the time I got back to the shop to fix the problem, over 75% were dead, with the rest either brain dead, or dying. By the end of the week, all had died from the related oxygen depletion. They paid me my purchase cost for the fish, without shipping. That ended up costing me around 12 grand in losses above what they paid. Sucked. But I had some vendor friends that shipped fish out that next week so I had fish to sell for the season.

To be in business for yourself sometimes sucks really bad.

d

dannyboy

From the promised LAND
Normal people do. But then get lawyers involved, and they get paid regardless of the outcome.

And like so many large companies, they dropped off a huge generator AFTER they killed all the fish.

d