Flat tires on route

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
I only had one flat tire in 30 years (UPS). I called in-they asked how much I had left and how far away I was-I told them I was done with my route and about 12 miles out - they said drive it in. The mechanic wasn't too happy with the shredded tire and trashed rim. :rolleyes: And the city wasn't to happy with the nice gouge I put in a couple miles of black top. Have I told you lately how tuff we had it?
You poor, poor dear. Lol.

OrioN

double tap o da horn dooshbag
You carry a tire plug kit and an air pump with you? What are you? Some kind of Super Boy Scout?

Umm, I'm in the sticks... I also have jumper cables, tow strap, 3 flashlights, 3 phones, screwdrivers, leatherman pliers, snacks drinks, extra boots and socks, extra uniform shirt& shorts, rain jacket dog sonic boom stick & dog treats.

I know I'm forgetting some other stuff, butt like I said, I'm pretty much on my own

MAKAVELI

Umm, I'm in the sticks... I also have jumper cables, tow strap, 3 flashlights, 3 phones, screwdrivers, leatherman pliers, snacks drinks, extra boots and socks, extra uniform shirt& shorts, rain jacket dog sonic boom stick & dog treats.

I know I'm forgetting some other stuff, butt like I said, I'm pretty much on my own
Like @bacha29 said, you're pretty much working for free.

rod

Retired 22 years

I spent a good 25 years of my career "out in the sticks". If I broke down (cell phones hadn't been invented or I didn't have one for most of that time) I would just twiddle my thumbs until a help showed up. That usually took a couple of hours if a wrecker was called. About the only thing extra I carried was a tow strap---which was mostly used to pull others out.

OrioN

Geezus, I thought u had it tuff, u pansy! :butt:

So, did management say to code it out as break, so they won't have to pay for those hours waiting for the tow?

OrioN

Hmmm, I thought the grass is greener on the Orange opco... too bad custom critical opco looks like a bust, there's a big subcontractor for that division near me & I was looking to get a CDL B for that.

mebbe I should jump ship ??? LoL

MAKAVELI

Hmmm, I thought the grass is greener on the Orange opco... too bad custom critical opco looks like a bust, there's a big subcontractor for that division near me & I was looking to get a CDL B for that.

mebbe I should jump ship ??? LoL
Time is money and you could probably be making the same or even a little bit more working part time at Express if all you need is supplemental income.

McFeely

Huge Member
I typically do 40-45 hours a week. Last year I grossed 50k and I’ve been with Express <5 years.

And I just got another $1/hr raise a week ago. Did you at Ground?

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
FF4BEA83-8CBD-410B-8BEA-49D3944B0702.jpeg
I only had one flat tire in 30 years (UPS). I called in-they asked how much I had left and how far away I was-I told them I was done with my route and about 12 miles out - they said drive it in. The mechanic wasn't too happy with the shredded tire and trashed rim. :rolleyes: And the city wasn't to happy with the nice gouge I put in a couple miles of black top. Have I told you lately how tuff we had it?

Been there done that

OrioN

I typically do 40-45 hours a week. Last year I grossed 50k and I’ve been with Express <5 years.

And I just got another $1/hr raise a week ago. Did you at Ground?

$5/ day raise to my flat salary... It is what it is

Thank goodness express drivers don't get that many hours outside of peak

See, childrens, that's how the subcontractor division werks! I know of drivers getting less & have denser areas than me.

Butt they are dealing with traffic, whilst I own the road after PM rush hour

MAKAVELI

$5/ day raise to my flat salary... It is what it is

Thank goodness express drivers don't get that many hours outside of peak

See, childrens, that's how the subcontractor division werks! I know of drivers getting less & have denser areas than me.

Butt they are dealing with traffic, whilst I own the road after PM rush hour
Bro time is money. At 10:30 p.m. I've already eaten dinner, and taking care of the little lady's needs.:happy2:

OrioN

See I like talking shop on here... It will give prospective employees to weigh the pros and cons of each opco

Now, those who'll chime in later and turn it into a political debate.... don't!

tumblr_mt4zdrciyN1qmbxr2o2_500.gif

Or hulk...smash!