Florida, Armpit of the Nation, Leading the Fight Against Totalitarianist Nightmare Pervading the US.

Whither

Scofflaw
Now, imagine a con man who takes money from corporations, then uses it to put corporations in their place. That's my kind of scoundrel.
I'll believe it when I see it.

Besides, ending the totalitarian nightmare, as you put, would require the abolition of the gov't. And gov'ts rarely abolish themselves :wink-very:

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
-a literal example of systemic racism 😂
vehemently denying the existence of systemic racism and telling other people they are dumb for bringing it up. Facism.
Classic DIDO 😎
Denying systemic racism is not a "literal example" of systemic racism.

That's a fallacy known as a Kafka trap, and it's nothing but a pathetic attempt to mask the fact that the myth your Democrat masters have sold you is complete nonsense.

Netsua 3:16

AND THAT’S THE BOTTOM LINE
Yes it is. 100%.
The systemic racist system really wants you deny its existence. It helps the cause. People like you making like of racism is absolutely racist.
“Dr. King, Malcolm X, The civil rights movement; it never happened!!! And blacks done EVER get stereotyped, not ever. NEVER.”
-DIDO
You can can back yo your cartoons now.

That's a fallacy known as a Kafka trap, and it's nothing but a pathetic attempt to mask the fact that the myth your Democrat masters have sold you is complete nonsense.
The Kafka trap 😂😂😂
Eric Raymond (a white guy) brought the term back from the dead in 2010
It was originally a term written by Frank Kafka, a Czech writer from the 1800’s
Super relevant bud 😂 because some guy in 2010 got tired of being called racist decided to bring the term back from the dead
Lol. Carry on

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
Yes it is. 100%.
No it isn't, which is why you didn't even try to explain why you think it is. Because you can't.

This isn't the first time I've heard this silly narrative. Race hustlers like Robin Diangelo have made millions tricking ignorant people to buy into that lie.

It's just a nonsense fallacy of circular logic.
Keep spinning kiddo.

F2668BF7-9AC6-4515-946E-5AE132A30E6C.png

Nothing to see here
EVERYTHING IS EQUAL FOR BLACKS

fishtm2001

"... it's not at all subtle what DeSantis is trying to do here: Intimidate schools into erasing much of American history. The Florida law bans teaching "that racism is embedded in American society and its legal systems." Two of the most prominent historical examples of legal systems embedding racism are slavery and Jim Crow. If every Trump-loving parent can sue the school for teaching kids about the Civil War or the civil rights movement, some schools may decide it's not worth the hassle to teach American history in any meaningful way at all. Teachers and other school officials may leave the state or the profession, rather than spend every waking moment worrying about being sued by racist parents for doing the job of educating students."

Amanda Marcotte

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
I'll believe it when I see it.

Besides, ending the totalitarian nightmare, as you put, would require the abolition of the gov't. And gov'ts rarely abolish themselves :wink-very:

The Government in its current form (colluding with big business, the press, foreign powers) needs to be abolished. I think a revolution to abolish it would require a lot of people acting in unison to keep it from being just a wave after wave of people being cut down and imprisoned. I think some still hold out hope for the dismantling of the behemoth from within. If that happens, great. If it becomes evident that won't work, then we will probably have a revolution.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
"... it's not at all subtle what DeSantis is trying to do here: Intimidate schools into erasing much of American history. The Florida law bans teaching "that racism is embedded in American society and its legal systems." Two of the most prominent historical examples of legal systems embedding racism are slavery and Jim Crow. If every Trump-loving parent can sue the school for teaching kids about the Civil War or the civil rights movement, some schools may decide it's not worth the hassle to teach American history in any meaningful way at all. Teachers and other school officials may leave the state or the profession, rather than spend every waking moment worrying about being sued by racist parents for doing the job of educating students."

Amanda Marcotte
The law does not stop teachers from teaching about the civil war or civil rights movement.

The only question is, are these people you follow lying on purpose, or are they simply stupid....

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus

Amanda Marcotte
Whoever Amanda Marcotte is, she’s an idiot. No one is trying to sue schools for teaching about the Civil War or the civil rights movement. I’m pretty sure ALL schools teach that. What they MIGHT sue for is schools teaching White children that they’re racist by birth. Or teaching Black children that they’re inferior by birth.

Whither

Scofflaw
The Government in its current form (colluding with big business, the press, foreign powers) needs to be abolished. I think a revolution to abolish it would require a lot of people acting in unison to keep it from being just a wave after wave of people being cut down and imprisoned. I think some still hold out hope for the dismantling of the behemoth from within. If that happens, great. If it becomes evident that won't work, then we will probably have a revolution.
It's hard for me to imagine a "revolution" in the classic sense given how atomized/separated people have become, how much we "share" our lives through devices rather than in person, how generally cynical and full of distrust the social climate seems to be. But that's not to say people won't be able to find ways to come together in the future. At times I think the future is wide open due to all the problems currently festering; at others I wouldn't be surprised if people at large simply adapt to more miserable conditions, e.g., declining living standards, near-omnipresent surveillance.

Who knows!

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
It's hard for me to imagine a "revolution" in the classic sense given how atomized/separated people have become, how much we "share" our lives through devices rather than in person, how generally cynical and full of distrust the social climate seems to be. But that's not to say people won't be able to find ways to come together in the future. At times I think the future is wide open due to all the problems currently festering; at others I wouldn't be surprised if people at large simply adapt to more miserable conditions, e.g., declining living standards, near-omnipresent surveillance.

Who knows!

The biggest thing the powers that be want is for people to give up hope. Defiance in the face of insurmountable odds is the pinnacle of human achievement.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
School should go back to making sure that the kids can read , write and do math first.
Many are "graduating" with limited knowledge of these basic subjects, with their heads full of why this country is racist.
If this trend continues , we will be importing teachers soon because none of our people will have the skillsets needed to be teachers.

Whither

Scofflaw
The biggest thing the powers that be want is for people to give up hope. Defiance in the face of insurmountable odds is the pinnacle of human achievement.
As you know I think "the system" has a very impersonal (think ecological/cybernetic) character at bottom. The gist of it owes much more to historical accidents and unintended consequences than machiavellian genius. The problem, as always, is that it's easier to depose leadership/administration and even to expropriate the wealthy, only to recreate the same (or strikingly similar) problems (since that's the life to which we're already accustomed), than it is to begin a new way of life.