Florida Republicans pass anti-union bill, reject Democrats’ attempts to soften its blow

Sacrificial Lamb

Package Shepherd
That's right son, keep doing your dance.
Dance for me boy dance!
IMG_2062.gif

I’m not him, but I got you fam!

Sacrificial Lamb

Package Shepherd
After what happened to this city I generally believe the idea that narratives become reality via social conditioning. There is no real way to combat it. Be careful what you wish for.
Watch your thoughts for they become words, watch your words for they become actions, watch your actions, for they become habits, watch your habits for they become your character, watch your character for it becomes your destiny.

Sacrificial Lamb

Package Shepherd
Guys listen, we're all union members, we need to support the teacher's union and their lawsuit to overturn Florida's book ban law, and get these books back in school libraries!!!!

Unity!!!
The fact that this :censored2: is peddled and celebrated pisses me off. I remember getting in trouble from my art teacher from drawing Finger Bang in class with the South Park kids and a finger gun for a assignment based on it being disrespectful towards women, lol. Looking back, what I drew was pretty tame compared to the :censored2: I’ve seen them pushing now.

Thebrownblob

Nah dude. The Teamsters are right. You are wrong.
You demonstrate, you don’t know who the Teamsters are. “We” are the Teamsters not the people in Washington DC and not the people who run your local. You know they are only our elected leaders. They do what we want or they are not our elected leaders anymore. I’m sorry you have a grade school understanding of how democratically run organization works.

nWo

Like you’ve been told, I’m going to guess the Republicans in Florida feel it is unfair for the taxpayer to have to cover the cost of hiring another person or persons to deduct and manage, sending dues to a union hall.Apparently they feel any costs should be absorbed by the union or the members. I can tell you from experience the cost is minimal as in about three or four dollars per person per month. And that’s only if they use a credit card or bank card with a Visa or MasterCard logo if they pay cash or check there’s no costs because the dues clerk already is being paid anyway.

So. This law has passed. And this person is still on payroll. Turns out the Republicans argument was a lie. Go figure.

Thebrownblob

So. This law has passed. And this person is still on payroll. Turns out the Republicans argument was a lie. Go figure.
What person? and what argument? We have quite a few smaller contracts at our local. They do not have dues take directly out of the check. The company they work for did not agree to it in negotiations because it was a cost prohibitive issue during negotiations. Those members come to the hall once a month and pay with cash or check or pay over the phone with a credit card and are also charged the credit card fee of a couple bucks.

Guess what? they are still union. Some of them have been this way for decades the members continue to pay because being union is valuable to them. Some of those members are more engaged than UPS members who never come to the hall, and have dues directly come out of their check and never even pay attention.
Passing the law is overkill, and again I’m sure it will be challenged. Or maybe the people in Florida will vote differently if they feel it’s unfair.

nWo

What person? and what argument? We have quite a few smaller contracts at our local. They do not have dues take directly out of the check. The company they work for did not agree to it in negotiations because it was a cost prohibitive issue during negotiations. Those members come to the hall once a month and pay with cash or check or pay over the phone with a credit card and are also charged the credit card fee of a couple bucks.

Guess what? they are still union. Some of them have been this way for decades the members continue to pay because being union is valuable to them. Some of those members are more engaged than UPS members who never come to the hall, and have dues directly come out of their check and never even pay attention.
Passing the law is overkill, and again I’m sure it will be challenged. Or maybe the people in Florida will vote differently if they feel it’s unfair.

This person. This argument.

Like you’ve been told, I’m going to guess the Republicans in Florida feel it is unfair for the taxpayer to have to cover the cost of hiring another person or persons to deduct and manage, sending dues to a union hall.

You posted it my man.

Thebrownblob

This person. This argument.

Like you’ve been told, I’m going to guess the Republicans in Florida feel it is unfair for the taxpayer to have to cover the cost of hiring another person or persons to deduct and manage, sending dues to a union hall.

You posted it my man.
And you know this person is still on the payroll? Doing the same job? Or you’re just spouting nonsense that you have no idea? Do you live in Florida? Do you know what this anonymous person’s name is it and their job title? Are you so certain that the union members in Question are so weak that they’re just not gonna pay their dues and give up being union members? I have a lot more faith in them than you. I don’t believe a small inconvenience like paying dues monthly will dissuade them. Matter fact they’ve already set up a very easy way to pay

nWo

And you know this person is still on the payroll? Doing the same job? Or you’re just spouting nonsense that you have no idea? Do you live in Florida? Do you know what this anonymous person’s name is it and their job title? Are you so certain that the union members in Question are so weak that they’re just not gonna pay their dues and give up being union members? I have a lot more faith in them than you. I don’t believe a small inconvenience like paying dues monthly will dissuade them. Matter fact they’ve already set up a very easy way to pay

Yes.... This person is still on payroll. Doing the exact same job. This law has not saved the state any money.

nWo

This type of “paycheck deception” legislation is nothing new and has been pushed across the country to weaken unions. Despite massive opposition from workers in Florida, the Legislature passed and Gov. DeSantis signed SB 256, which outlaws payroll deduction for most public employees. They believe converting 150,000 members to a new way of paying dues will take time and energy away from organizing for better contracts, more funding for public education, pro-public education candidates and respect on the job.

Thebrownblob

This type of “paycheck deception” legislation is nothing new and has been pushed across the country to weaken unions. Despite massive opposition from workers in Florida, the Legislature passed and Gov. DeSantis signed SB 256, which outlaws payroll deduction for most public employees. They believe converting 150,000 members to a new way of paying dues will take time and energy away from organizing for better contracts, more funding for public education, pro-public education candidates and respect on the job.
Oh look it’s proceeding through the courts just like I said it would…Florida teachers’ union asks judge to block new law

Box Ox

nWo

The Teamsters represent over 200,000 public sector workers across North America. Teamster members are city and county workers, employees in K-12 schools and universities, road workers, and public safety workers. The Teamsters represent almost every type of job in the public sector. The work of Teamster public sector members makes America work, and Teamster members serve the public with pride every day.

✊✊🏿✊🏾✊🏽✊🏼✊🏻