Flu shots not covered? Is anything covered??

SLW

Does anyone know the trick for getting things covered, or appearing as having active insurance, or filling out forms with fields that are not provided on our cards?

Additionally, how do I submit a claim to get my money back for my flu shot? Is there a form somewhere?

I'm Local 639. Went today to get a flu shot, the pharmacy said my insurance only covers CVS. OK. Went to CVS, they said my insurance was inactive and seemed baffled by the lack of information on our insurance cards. The guy seemed like an idiot though, so I went to another CVS. Same thing. I wound up paying out of pocket. I thought we were supposed to have great healthcare? I've had :censored2:ty insurance before but never had a flu shot not be covered. I've had nothing but problems trying to use it literally anywhere or to even sign up for everything and I'm :censored2:ing pissed. The plan has no information available anywhere online, nor was anything ever provided to me, and they can't be contacted except the same hours I'm at work. But anyway.

trickpony1

Maybe this is an omen, a message from a higher power saying, "don't get that shot.".
You may want to listen.

Hope this helps, I really do.

rod

Retired 22 years
GET THE FLU SHOT. There should be a number on the back of the card to call and get it straightened out. Sometime when you have a couple of hours to spare being placed on hold give them a call..

silenze

Lunch is the best part of the day
In my local you have to go to the doctor to get it covered under medical.
At the pharmacy it is covered under the prescription card.
It usually costs like 10$ unless you go to Costco. Last year i went to Costco and it was free with prescription card.

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
In my local you have to go to the doctor to get it covered under medical.
At the pharmacy it is covered under the prescription card.
It usually costs like 10$ unless you go to Costco. Last year i went to Costco and it was free with prescription card.
Free under Medicare.

quad decade guy

BTW, about flu shots? Yes! Best thing I ever did. I haven't been "sick" since. I used to get the "flu" about twice a year. Always avoided flu shots. Highly recommended.

quad decade guy

Does anyone know the trick for getting things covered, or appearing as having active insurance, or filling out forms with fields that are not provided on our cards?

Additionally, how do I submit a claim to get my money back for my flu shot? Is there a form somewhere?

I'm Local 639. Went today to get a flu shot, the pharmacy said my insurance only covers CVS. OK. Went to CVS, they said my insurance was inactive and seemed baffled by the lack of information on our insurance cards. The guy seemed like an idiot though, so I went to another CVS. Same thing. I wound up paying out of pocket. I thought we were supposed to have great healthcare? I've had *ty insurance before but never had a flu shot not be covered. I've had nothing but problems trying to use it literally anywhere or to even sign up for everything and I'm *ing pissed. The plan has no information available anywhere online, nor was anything ever provided to me, and they can't be contacted except the same hours I'm at work. But anyway.
I'm not sure about your exact situation. My take: we DO have great insurance. My wife has cancer. We won't pay a penny. Get an appendectomy? Not a penny. I pay $20 copay. It covers everything. Consider: $20 is GOOD. Great even. Look around bro. WE have it pretty good.