Following EDD

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
We have been told that the goal is to follow EDD at least 80% of the time.

According to my cover drivers, my DOL and EDD are better than most of the routes they cover. That said, on a good​ day, I might hit 70%. Never had a word said to me to get closer.

bumped

My EDD is horrible. It was set up pretty good to start, but the sups just can't keep their fingers off of it. Now its all screwed up and I don't care anymore. I'm not going to try and get it fixed again.

S

splozi

I covered a route one time and on the route is a series of one way streets, if I had followed edd it would of had me going the wrong way on the one way streets on 80% of them

The phrase I often see around here is "work as directed".

HomeDelivery

The problem with EDD is that, no matter how well it is set up, it does not factor in the existence of pickup accounts which are in a defined geographical area and must be serviced and contained within a designated span of time. The existence of 20 pickup accounts will fundamentally alter the optimum travel path that needs to be followed for the deliveries on the route.

The IE people who came up with EDD came of age in the "Pac Man" era. They are well versed in pattern recognition, computer programming and map theory, but for the most part they have never had to put those theories to the test in the real world. My route is not a Pac Man game.

Haha, that's what i do everyday as a swing driver... since my purple/green branch of Ex has NO time commits/ pickup deadlines, I just follow the sequence until i have every packaged scanned/delivered.

the ROADS version that they're trying to implement at Express & Ground will have to jump through the same hurdles that your company is experiencing.

Cementups

Box Monkey
I NEVER run how EDD tells me to. I run my route way more efficient than EDD wants me to cause the last driver that had my route set it up for miles and to please customers that she favored. I was asked by my dispatcher if I wanted to take the time to change it and I told him not to worry about it since I was off the route come next time we bid routes anyway. It can be someone else's problem.

My old route on the other hand, I had the route set up so well in EDD that Ray Charles could have run it. House for house.