Food Stamps: Big Heart or Big Profits?

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
I'm not referring to the truly disabled who can't work. But there are plenty of people...we probably all know at least one..on "disability" for say a bad back.

Oh you're on disability and can't work, but you have a tanning salon and gym memberships and never miss spinning class 3x a week. And here's 250 bucks a week in food stamps so you can spend your money on the important things..like LCD flatscreen tvs, ipads and iphone 5.

MAKAVELI

Dont you get tired of these society scum buckets? I sure do!

I dont have a problem with people,who truly need the help.

But I doubt the problem,will ever be fixed.
The goverment uses welfare,to hide the "real" unemployment rate.
And corporate America uses the welfare system to pay below poverty wages and increase profits. All the while using tax laws to increase their bottom line. Corporate America has put more people to work overseas than here in the US. The people on welfare are just the product of a broken system in which Wall Street are really the ones in control of the country. Nothing will change until that changes.

And corporate America uses the welfare system to pay below poverty wages and increase profits. All the while using tax laws to increase their bottom line. Corporate America has put more people to work overseas than here in the US. The people on welfare are just the product of a broken system in which Wall Street are really the ones in control of the country. Nothing will change until that changes.
I agree. but If.....we dont give them "corporate welfare". they will take their jobs to another country.

Wish I had a good answer to give you.

MAKAVELI

I agree. but If.....we dont give them "corporate welfare". they will take their jobs to another country.

Wish I had a good answer to give you.
Exactly. It's a vicious cycle. We are a nation of consumers. That's what America does better than any other nation. But we simply cannot see how it has made us all slaves to the 1%.

Exactly. It's a vicious cycle. We are a nation of consumers. That's what America does better than any other nation. But we simply cannot see how it has made us all slaves to the 1%.
With all the resources this country has.
We should be able to export food and goods.
Their is no excuse for us,buying food from other countries. (Except sesonal and things that cant be grown here)

We need a fair tax system.

We need more jobs,and find a way to "get the lazy to work"

Its very sad,and it keeps getting swept under the rug.

Sigh.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
Their is no excuse for us,buying food from other countries. (Except sesonal and things that cant be grown here)

Sigh.
Look who's in the White House...and tell me you're surprised.

moreluck

golden ticket member
I always look at the nails when a lady uses a food stamp card........

If you can afford that luxury, you can buy peanut butter and jelly and bread.

I've never had a manicure or pedicure in my life and I can afford them.

MAKAVELI

Sigh.
Out here in California, we are the largest producer of fruits and vegetables and you would be amazed at how much is exported out of the country. There are some things not grown in the US, but the majority of produced that is imported is just cheaper. The big produce companies make a killing domestically and abroad but still pay the field workers below poverty wages. It's one of the toughest manual labor jobs there is. And Americans wonder why there's so many undocumented in this country?

Out here in California, we are the largest producer of fruits and vegetables and you would be amazed at how much is exported out of the country. There are some things not grown in the US, but the majority of produced that is imported is just cheaper. The big produce companies make a killing domestically and abroad but still pay the field workers below poverty wages. It's one of the toughest manual labor jobs there is. And Americans wonder why there's so many undocumented in this country?
On the oppisite end. they pay some farmers not to produce,certain foods and milk.

How about if we give it to those who need it? instead of some food stamps?

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
At least the undocumented want to work. I drive past dozens of illegal immigrants standing on corners near a Home Depot looking for day work. Never see an unemployed American standing there! They're at the grocery store buying EBT ribeye steaks or at Wal-Mart trying to trade food stamp credit for cash.

Hope we still have some "change" left In our piggy banks. when he gets out of office.

I dont want to,even discuss him.
I sold my piggy bank for ramen noodles.

MAKAVELI

At least the undocumented want to work. I drive past dozens of illegal immigrants standing on corners near a Home Depot looking for day work. Never see an unemployed American standing there! They're at the grocery store buying EBT ribeye steaks or at Wal-Mart trying to trade food stamp credit for cash.

I sold my piggy bank for ramen noodles.
And you think this is new? That all those people on food stamps and the day labors at Home Depot just appeared when Obama took office?