Food

oldngray

nowhere special
Chili is great on these cold days. moreluck should either move to someplace colder or stop making chili. :halfdead:. And I love the taste of cayenne peppers. One year I grew some super cayennes that felt as hot as habaneros. I don't like habaneros - heat with no taste. Gimme jalapenos or cayennes any day.

texan

I will never forget my first jalapenos.

Young, very young. Seen dad eating them.

Asked and he said no.

I waited until he was not around, took one and ate it anyway.

Oh if I only listened...
pepperuntitled_zps9f642fd9.png

texan

Standing Rib-Eye bone-in for this day I make.

Started at 03:00 am, marinate it for 9 hours.

Start at 450 degrees for 10 minutes, then down to 350.

It smells so good! 20 minutes per pound.

The smell flows through this home. :blushing2:

I can not wait.

Thank You Father for this!

Shalom to all that look to the Messiah / and honor Him
this day!!!

Texan

moreluck

golden ticket member
I tried this recipe for last night's dinner and it was very good..........use frozen kernels when corn is out of season.

Brown Butter & Corn Pasta

4 medium ears of corn
1 lb pasta (campanelle or fusilli) I had rotini on hand
6 Tbls butter
1 cup parmesan cheese
1/4 cup packed fresh basil leaves, torn

1. Heat large pot of salted water to boiling on high. Meanwhile, cut kernels off ears of corn; set aside.

2.Cook pasta as label directs. While pasta cooks, in 3 qt saucepan, melt butter on med-hi. Cook 3-4 mins until browned

and fragrant, swirling frequently. Reduce heat to med. Add corn and 1/4 tsp each of salt & pepper. Cook 2 mins or until corn

is heated through stirring occasionally. Remove from heat.

3. Reserve 1/4 pasta cooking water. Drain pasta well; return to pot along with corn mixture, parmesan, basil, dash of salt and reserved cooking water. Toss 'til well coated. Serve.

I like the fact that there was no "killer garlic" in it to upset the tummy. I love garlic but it doesn't love me.