Food

oldngray

nowhere special
Screen-Shot-2014-09-03-at-5.47.56-PM-620x366.png

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/201...tinctive-eating-habit-new-map-has-the-answer/

moreluck

golden ticket member
Lightly toasted plain bagel with Philadelphia brand strawberry cream cheese.....like eating a Danish with your coffee.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Got a bunch of apples, different kinds and made my own chunky applesauce today. It's sweetened with Splenda and lt's got lots of cinnamon in it. Yum.......reminds me more of Fall than pumpkin anything!!

moreluck

golden ticket member
6 staples that last longer than you think......

1. Vanilla. Because of its high alcohol content, it can keep indefinitely...although the flavor and aroma will be best within five years.

2. Vinegar. The high acidity acts as a natural preservative that thwarts germ growth. In some varieties, alterations or cloudiness may develop after time, but that doesn't affect taste or quality.

3. Worcestershire sauce. Like many wines, this sauce gets better with age. The flavor intensifies as the liquid evaporates. It should last for up to 10 years unopened and 2 to 3 years opened if stored in a cool dark place.

4. Salt. It's essentially a stone. Just as granite won't become infested with mold and bacteria, neither will your favorite edible 'rock star' condiment.

5. Dried pasta. If you cook and eat it after a decade, for instance, it may lose a bit of flavor, but unopened dry pasta is edible indefinitely.

6. Canned or dried beans. They'll be ready to cook even if they've been stashed in the corner of your pantry for years. Dried beans may need a bit more soaking after long periods of time.

From Readers Digest Nov. 2014

moreluck

golden ticket member
Braciole today....Smells like an Italian household in Brooklyn on a Sunday in here today....

BRACIOLE

Browned in olive oil and cooks in the sauce all day. (mine is submerged)

Mangia !!