Footwear Opinions

I Am Jacks Damaged Box

***** Club Member (can't talk about it)
Tactical footwear from militaryboots.com.......Good ol Uncle Fred will even give you $65/year towards your purchase!!

No way; Frederick chips in on a boot purchase? I seriously find that impossible to believe.

Rocky and Danner was all I wore when I served, aside from the occasional jungle boot. Super expensive and a bitch to break in, but comfortable and extremely durable afterwards.

Route 66

Slapped Upside-da-Head Member
I believe it's still $95 that Fredward chips in for safety footwear. I know that's what it was the last time I got some - not so long ago.

Indecisi0n

Only the best for my feet. Red Wings all the way. People say they are "heavy" and I guess compared to these cheap "work shoes" they are but they get the job done really well. They are expensive but for my feet they are worth every penny.

I have had the Bates 5'', the Reebok CT (light, like a tennis shoe, with a safety-toe), but my favorite by far is the Thorogood 8" CT. Nothing like waterproof shoes in the rain and mud!!! Just like Lt. Dan said, take good care of your feet!!!

hyena

359d0yp.gif

overflowed

No way; Frederick chips in on a boot purchase? I seriously find that impossible to believe.

Rocky and Danner was all I wore when I served, aside from the occasional jungle boot. Super expensive and a bitch to break in, but comfortable and extremely durable afterwards.
I have gotten reimbursed in the last 2 or 3 years. It was around $60 only from my recollection. So $65 may be correct. Has to be composite or steel though. Good reason to get a discount on some snow boots, half off a pair of Timberlands is cool with me.

I Am Jacks Damaged Box

***** Club Member (can't talk about it)
I have gotten reimbursed in the last 2 or 3 years. It was around $60 only from my recollection. So $65 may be correct. Has to be composite or steel though. Good reason to get a discount on some snow boots, half off a pair of Timberlands is cool with me.

Wow, all this time I never knew.

Not the first time that FedEx has robbed me though...I'm over it already.

overflowed

I was told by a coworker that this was no longer available to couriers though. Maybe a year or a wee bit more ago. Don't know if that is true. Has any courier got reimbursed for boots recently? I would like some new ones.

overflowed

Wow, all this time I never knew.

Not the first time that FedEx has robbed me though...I'm over it already.
They don't advertise anything that will cost them money even if it is their policy. A coworker told me this long ago. I didn't believe him so I asked my manager at the time. He was like sure but only up to a certain amount of money.

El Morado Diablo

I was told by a coworker that this was no longer available to couriers though. Maybe a year or a wee bit more ago. Don't know if that is true. Has any courier got reimbursed for boots recently? I would like some new ones.

Couriers can still get the discount. They offer it because there are work areas in the stations that require you to wear footwear with steel toes like caster decking. Managers aren't very good when it comes to communicating the process for getting the discount. You have to buy approved safety shoes/boots and give them your receipt. You should be reimbursed within a day or two of your manager entering the receipt for your discount. Oh, don't forget to black out any logos or non-reflective areas on your footwear. We wouldn't want to flunk an audit item due to an auditor or customer thinking you work for Nike, New Balance, Sketchers, Reebok, etc.

El Morado Diablo

Black out non-reflective areas???

If you have any coloration on your shoes that isn't reflective (company logo, stripes, etc) you have to black it out with a marker. It's part of the audit for employee uniforms. It only takes one person being out of uniform for the station to fail that part of the audit. The other silly part of the uniform audit is having to wear socks without logos if they are visible (when you're wearing shorts). Almost every pair of socks you buy will have the logo in a visible spot at the top of the sock. You pretty much have to wear generic socks to be in compliance.

T

Turdferguson

If you have any coloration on your shoes that isn't reflective (company logo, stripes, etc) you have to black it out with a marker. It's part of the audit for employee uniforms. It only takes one person being out of uniform for the station to fail that part of the audit. The other silly part of the uniform audit is having to wear socks without logos if they are visible (when you're wearing shorts). Almost every pair of socks you buy will have the logo in a visible spot at the top of the sock. You pretty much have to wear generic socks to be in compliance.
Are you saying you can't have a UPS logo showing on your socks?

I wear Belleville military boots that are made of canvas around the ankle and are very comfortable walking on rocks or gravel. They are also water proof, lightweight and will last for years. The only thing is, is that I need to paint them black. Been wearing them for a couple months, but no complaints from management.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus

That's how it USED to be at my station. Now though, I see people with all kinds of colors on their black shoes. Kind of funny to see how far they will go. My SM is a wuss though.