For pete's sake

Status
Not open for further replies.

laffter

Seriously this job is not hard at all.

We get paid a lot of money to do something FedEx Ground Drivers do for practically free.

Could a Trained Monkey or even a FedEx Ground Driver do this job?

It is all about providing superior one to one customet service and working as directed.

Not rocket science.

Doing a job and doing a job well are two different things. Almost anyone can drive around in a truck and deliver packages. How about... delivering 250 stops in 108 degree weather, battling a bricked out package car with a horrific load, while being mindful of time commitments and scheduled pickups... doing all of this at a fast pace, while dealing with idiotic management at one end and even more idiotic customers at the other. Suddenly, delivering packages out of a truck isn't just delivering packages out of a truck.

The same can be said for loading package cars in preload. Anyone can throw boxes into a truck- but, putting together a good load to enable the driver to do his job well is rather different, and difficult. I leave work every morning mentally exhausted.

joeboodog

good people drink good beer
There are no easy jobs at UPS. Each one presents itself with unique challenges but one thing is totally consistent...management likes to make the simple complex. Whether it is unrealistic time studies or not enough time to do the job properly we are subjected to ridiculous metrics that only get in the way of giving proper service.

Maple Grove MN Driver

Cocaine Mang!
Maple leafs grow on maple trees
Orange Grove is like an apple orchard
Wishful thinking is a great attribute
I was once caught lying by my parents
I ended my sentence with maroon

But trained monkeys driving trucks ? Now that's a ridiculous sentence right there.
Quoted to preserve the personal attack.

Status
Not open for further replies.