For violation

SupA12

I worked 14.03 including my lunch I worked inside for 2.08 hours
And was on route for 11.92 including lunch I take and hour lunch
I was brought into office and received a warning letting is this accurate?
For the 14hr and 10 off?

tadpole

You can’t drive after you’ve been punched in for 14 hours. If you punch in at 8:30, you have to stop driving at 10:30, regardless of lunch or other breaks. Even if you worked inside for your whole shift. You got to know this stuff, buddy.

DriverNerd

You can’t drive after you’ve been punched in for 14 hours. If you punch in at 8:30, you have to stop driving at 10:30, regardless of lunch or other breaks. Even if you worked inside for your whole shift. You got to know this stuff, buddy.

Yes, simple stuff. You can work 24 hours a day if you want, you just can't drive after the 14th hour.

Whither

Scofflaw
I worked 14.03 including my lunch I worked inside for 2.08 hours
And was on route for 11.92 including lunch I take and hour lunch
I was brought into office and received a warning letting is this accurate?
For the 14hr and 10 off?

This is confusing: did you work 13.03 hours on the clock or 14.03? Even if the latter, seems likely you were inside the building those last 2 minutes, e.g., not driving off-property. Find your steward.

rustys954rr

This is confusing: did you work 13.03 hours on the clock or 14.03? Even if the latter, seems likely you were inside the building those last 2 minutes, e.g., not driving off-property. Find your steward.
Also need to know what time you started the next day. I'm guessing the full 10 off is where you screwed up.

SupA12

I do DCAP in the morning from 6:30 to 8:35 then I go on road

Siveriano

Nope... need 10 hours off between shifts to be able to drive.
Here If I'm over 14 hours the next day is optional as by law I need 10 hours off-duty before I can report for duty again yet ups is not allowed to change my start time on a day-to-day basis, got a couple of days off like this.

SupA12

Are you a management, Union, or non-Union hourly?
I am a package car driver/split driver.
They ask in my center by seniority order to volunteer to cover DCAP and the route of the driver that had transfer to feeders but he is in the 30 transfer days.
Because it was tues-sat no seniors guys wanted so it came down to me

35years

Gravy route
I am a package car driver/split driver.
They ask in my center by seniority order to volunteer to cover DCAP and the route of the driver that had transfer to feeders but he is in the 30 transfer days.
Because it was tues-sat no seniors guys wanted so it came down to me
Your violation was for not being clocked off 10 hours before punching back in and driving. That part of the warning letter is justified.

It is likely you were not driving after 14 hours...paperwork etc at the end. But at this point I would make sure you are clocked off in 14 for a while.

You are going to have to make sure you have 10 hours off or you are going to have major problems. You will be considered ineligible to cover DCAP if you don't have 10 hours between punches.