Forced Leads Lead-on

El Morado Diablo

How does a "natural" spend 30 years as a courier???

No need to prove what a dick you can be at times with comments like this one.

He a perfect example of a guy who was good as a courier when he could run a route at a more relaxed pace. He's glib, he knows what he's talking about when it comes to our services and he's customer service oriented. He was tired of being a courier and thought he could stay with the company and do something he would probably be very good at by going into sales.

Now he's the type of courier you despise, one who's coasting on autopilot letting the new hires kill themselves to cover an area he used to run circles around everyone in. He basically mailed it in once they blew him off on the sales gig.

DontThrowPackages

I believe you're supposed to batch all the AB's after your last stop but before heading in for the night. Hence the reason only 5 minutes for the 056. It's been a long time since I was on a PM route so I could be mistaken.
You're right, this is what they said back then. But my route was so heavy, I'd be rolling into the station after cutoff if I stayed out doing paperwork. PM manager need my truck in on time, with all of the P1 it use to have. So little stress these days.

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
No, he is still a courier and closer to retirement. Don't think he'd be willing to switch jobs at this point of his career.
Fellow courier and friend of mine applied for a sales position. Made it through the entire process until, at the final interview , he was told the he had "too much energy" to succeed in sales! That would explain alot as to how we end up with the reps we have!

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
Fellow courier and friend of mine applied for a sales position. Made it through the entire process until, at the final interview , he was told the he had "too much energy" to succeed in sales! That would explain alot as to how we end up with the reps we have!
Somebody just didn't like him. That's one of the most sorry excuses I've ever heard.

CJinx

That's :censored2:ed up. I wonder who his competition was for the position. lol

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
That's :censored2:ed up. I wonder who his competition was for the position. lol
Your query reminds me of another friend and courier who was fired in their attempt to apply for another position with Express (reinstated later). The position involved eventually went to the totally unqualified SON of the DM. Shocking, no?

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
No need to prove what a dick you can be at times with comments like this one.

I'm sorry, I didn't know you couldn't handle a simple, honest question about why someone is a courier when a sales position is a much better fit. Why don't you lighted the friend up?

He a perfect example of a guy who was good as a courier when he could run a route at a more relaxed pace. He's glib, he knows what he's talking about when it comes to our services and he's customer service oriented. He was tired of being a courier and thought he could stay with the company and do something he would probably be very good at by going into sales.

Now he's the type of courier you despise, one who's coasting on autopilot letting the new hires kill themselves to cover an area he used to run circles around everyone in. He basically mailed it in once they blew him off on the sales gig.

So if they don't let him do whatever he wants, he's just going to take his toys and tank it? That kind of attitude is probably why he got blown off.