Last. Best. Final.

Buffet Master

FEEDAH FATTY
Does the fact O'Brien slapped that dictum down mean that whatever the company presents today we will absolutely see to vote on? Or could leadership retract and continue to bargain?

The reason I ask is I'm really wondering if the company outmaneuvered SO'B on this. A lot of us have heard that our supplements went well. We saw that in the National on the non economics, a lot of things that were wanted were gained. So seemingly a lot of positives. Then this week hits, we get union leadership yelling bull*:censored2:, walking out. 2 days later same thing. We see leaked documents showing that the company proposal on the economic side is downright shameful, insulting and frankly, kind of why the hell would they even push that out there.

So that leads to SO'B dictating we want a last best and final Friday(today). This of course fires up the guys who want to be fired up. It scares the guys that were already scared. And in any issue, you're end caps are your loudest. Guys yelling Strike Strike Strike and those yelling The Sky Is Falling. Meanwhile the silent majority sits watching nervously.

My point? What if the company walks in and slaps down an extremely mediocre proposal today? Let's say maybe they adjust progression to percentages that raises the dollar amounts. They give part timers a decent bump. Maybe get rid of split classification in package. Benefits and pension stay the same. Maybe clean up language a bit on 6th punch and PVDs. And, offer something like a buck a year raise over the contract.

I know the majority on here and the diehard union types we all know would be like, :censored2: that, it's a no vote. But what about the average guys and gals? I think that it would look good to them. The company wouldn't be giving up that much dollar wise, certainly not anywhere near what the we need at least $50-60/hr crowd has been clamoring for. Seems a realistic scenario that could play out to me. Should be an interesting day.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I would personally be very surprised if the Company responds to Sean's "ultimatum" with a revised economic offer----it is much more likely that they don't respond at all as they do not like being bullied.

mikejonesjr

So let a strike happen because they felt bullied? Right.
More likely they were just spinning tires so he said give us your best now, we have time to vote yes or no before Aug 1st. If voted no they either come back correct or we strike just in time as it expires

DOK

I would personally be very surprised if the Company responds to Sean's "ultimatum" with a revised economic offer----it is much more likely that they don't respond at all as they do not like being bullied.
I agree, I don’t see another offer coming at this time. Good thing is there is time to come to an agreement on this one issue, it’s good there’s not multiple outstanding issues imo.

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
I agree, I don’t see another offer coming at this time. Good thing is there is time to come to an agreement on this one issue, it’s good there’s not multiple outstanding issues imo.
There may be multiple outstanding issues. We haven’t even seen the actual contract or supplements, how do we know exactly what they contain?

Buffet Master

FEEDAH FATTY
Honestly I don't know quite how things exactly work, so that didn't occur to me that the company could/would do that. Makes sense though.

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
Honestly I don't know quite how things exactly work, so that didn't occur to me that the company could/would do that. Makes sense though.
Do yourself a favor and disregard everything that guy posts on here. He’s a hypocritical, egotistical, narcissist that promised he would leave when he retired from the company he loves and the union he doesn’t respect.

When it comes to union talk, quite frankly he’s an idiot.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
The Company's economic proposal was actually a counterproposal to the Union's first proposal.

....and nobody know what our original proposal was.

That makes it hard for me personally to be insulted, so I am putting my trust and faith in the Committee to play out the rest of this game of poker, as both sides slowly put all their chips in the middle of table.

DELACROIX

In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier
Does the fact O'Brien slapped that dictum down mean that whatever the company presents today we will absolutely see to vote on? Or could leadership retract and continue to bargain?

The reason I ask is I'm really wondering if the company outmaneuvered SO'B on this. A lot of us have heard that our supplements went well. We saw that in the National on the non economics, a lot of things that were wanted were gained. So seemingly a lot of positives. Then this week hits, we get union leadership yelling bull*:censored2:, walking out. 2 days later same thing. We see leaked documents showing that the company proposal on the economic side is downright shameful, insulting and frankly, kind of why the hell would they even push that out there.

So that leads to SO'B dictating we want a last best and final Friday(today). This of course fires up the guys who want to be fired up. It scares the guys that were already scared. And in any issue, you're end caps are your loudest. Guys yelling Strike Strike Strike and those yelling The Sky Is Falling. Meanwhile the silent majority sits watching nervously.

My point? What if the company walks in and slaps down an extremely mediocre proposal today? Let's say maybe they adjust progression to percentages that raises the dollar amounts. They give part timers a decent bump. Maybe get rid of split classification in package. Benefits and pension stay the same. Maybe clean up language a bit on 6th punch and PVDs. And, offer something like a buck a year raise over the contract.

I know the majority on here and the diehard union types we all know would be like, :censored2: that, it's a no vote. But what about the average guys and gals? I think that it would look good to them. The company wouldn't be giving up that much dollar wise, certainly not anywhere near what the we need at least $50-60/hr crowd has been clamoring for. Seems a realistic scenario that could play out to me. Should be an interesting day.

Wondering when the federal mediators will get involved?

Redtag

Part on order, ok to drive

The biggest issue right now is the new pay scales for future full timers, no chance that even gets voted on, if the Company sticks with that a strike will happen.

Thebrownblob

The biggest issue right now is the new pay scales for future full timers, no chance that even gets voted on, if the Company sticks with that a strike will happen.
If the proposal was accurate, it’s even worse than 22.4., even as bad as 22.4 is at least there is a path to make top rate RPCD pay. The proposal that is circulating, basically create a permanent second class with no opportunity to move up.

Family

I know the majority on here and the diehard union types we all know would be like, :censored2: that, it's a no vote. But what about the average guys and gals? I think that it would look good to them. The company wouldn't be giving up that much dollar wise, certainly not anywhere near what the we need at least $50-60/hr crowd has been clamoring for. Seems a realistic scenario that could play out to me. Should be an interesting
Without seeing the company's proposal vs the members proposal its all blah blah blah. Might as well listen to sports talk radio breaking down next years draft because your team has already mailed it in.

textat3

they will come with garbage….it will be a vote no….around 7/30 they will get real….we will strike for about 5 days and get what we deserve.

Jkloc420

Do you need an air compressor or tire gauge
I would love to go on strike but I don't think we will, too much to lose on both sides and if we do go on strike and win, expect to see ups come down hard when they get back and start firing people