Forced Lunch break

Saca La

What is it?
If your so badly don’t want to take your lunch. Then start your lunch right in the morning. Before any stops. Go take a 30 minute coffee break. It’s not so hard really

542thruNthru

If your so badly don’t want to take your lunch. Then start your lunch right in the morning. Before any stops. Go take a 30 minute coffee break. It’s not so hard really
We had guys starting 30 min early and taking their lunch break. Management put a stop to that.

Also how do your guys get away with taking a 30 min lunch break first thing in the morning and not have late air or management breathing down their necks to leave the building?

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
I think he wants to run-gun, finish quicker.

Saca La

What is it?
We had guys starting 30 min early and taking their lunch break. Management put a stop to that.

Also how do your guys get away with taking a 30 min lunch break first thing in the morning and not have late air or management breathing down their necks to leave the building?
I meant if you have no commit in the morning or no pick ups. I would do it on rare days when I have to be home as early as possible so I’ll take my lunch (if I can) right before I even do my first stop. Call it breakfast if you will. Then when I’m done I don’t have to worrie about taking lunch. But I never. And I mean never. Skip my lunch.

Coldworld

60 months and counting

That’s bs… about as bad as drivers taking their lunch while driving back to the Bldg…. The next contract we need to push for every location to lock out the diad for lunch…we need to stop screwing ourselves!

542thruNthru

That’s bs… about as bad as drivers taking their lunch while driving back to the Bldg…. The next contract we need to push for every location to lock out the diad for lunch…we need to stop screwing ourselves!
Just like incentive it's one of those issues where the members are divided.

Brownt10

No, it is NOT a contractual requirement. And if you’re in a building that doesn’t take out lunch unless it’s coded, why should we sit out there for an extra hour if we don’t want to.
Why is it that the company can enforce making lunch mandatory during certain times of the year? The union sits back & does nothing. Either change the language so it’s optional or it’s mandatory. Cant be when it’s convenient.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
Just like incentive it's one of those issues where the members are divided.

I think there's a case to be made that bonus violates the contract, and possibly equal pay laws. And it is almost entirely due to the fact that allowances are obscured, and there is no way to know that bonus is being given fairly. As a result, many drivers are making a higher hourly wage, with no way to confirm that it's due to earning a bonus. Everyone needs to be making the same, whether it matches the bonus babies' hourly rate, or the contractual rate.

nWo

Our guys don't want to take a lunch so they can tell management they will be back at 630 and still be over 9.5. Management doesn't send them help because it looks like they will make it with 30 minutes to spare. Driver clocks out at 631 and files on it next day.

Staydryitsraining

Are they coding out their lunch but really loading their truck before they leave?

Yolo

Just take your lunch. When you are ducking around posting memes on Facebook or whatever. Code that out for your lunch and eat some cheezeits

Hot Carl

We had this problem for a while until the warning letters started flying.