Forced Saturday’s PT

Mdet

Hey does anyone know if PT get to work on Saturdays or is just FT and they use PT to load trucks. Do they start from the bottom of the list to the top on who wants to work. I am 6 on the list of PT and I was wondering if I am able to work just M-friend

NAHimGOOD

Nothing to see here.... Move along.
FastSecretAbalone-small.gif

You did say you were an 11yr steward correct?

542thruNthru

FastSecretAbalone-small.gif

You did say you were an 11yr steward correct?

Asking questions is how people learn. I don't fault him just because he's a steward. I know some stewards that can't answer a simple question without texting our BA to get the answer everytime.

Plus this T-S language is relatively new.

Mdet

Hey I never go to work on my vacation at all. I know for sure I will not go in on my day off. I don’t answer my phone if they call do that.

Mdet

I think it depends on your building too. I think if u have good personal u got a good group u will do well. Right now we have a good group but we need people to work on pulling there work so put people have there good days and bad days too.

BadIdeaGuy

Staff member
Hey does anyone know if PT get to work on Saturdays or is just FT and they use PT to load trucks. Do they start from the bottom of the list to the top on who wants to work. I am 6 on the list of PT and I was wondering if I am able to work just M-friend
Our center transitioned a few weeks back.

They kept a skeleton crew of the top seniority guys for M-friend, (to handle the air sort).
The rest of us were moved T-S.

Ask your manager if he/she/it plans on putting up a bid sheet for staying on a conventional work week.

Just like anything else, they have to offer from the top, and force from the bottom. And that's assuming they use PT on Mondays, which your center may not.

I will say I wouldn't trade back even if I could. Monday people are always calling off, and so they have to call in T-S people. Unlike working Saturday for time and a half, Mondays will earn you double time. Something to think about.

Fido

Don’t worry he’s friendly
If I worked preload I would work 6 days. Early wake up early morning leave. It’s more money. I don’t know if each local is different for preload work compensation but ours is ot over 5 hours and regardless of hours auto ot on saturdays.

Last edited:

Yolo

All of our part timers are working Tuesday thru Saturdays now. A select few are coming in mondays too.

Mdet

Our center transitioned a few weeks back.

They kept a skeleton crew of the top seniority guys for M-friend, (to handle the air sort).
The rest of us were moved T-S.

Ask your manager if he/she/it plans on putting up a bid sheet for staying on a conventional work week.

Just like anything else, they have to offer from the top, and force from the bottom. And that's assuming they use PT on Mondays, which your center may not.

I will say I wouldn't trade back even if I could. Monday people are always calling off, and so they have to call in T-S people. Unlike working Saturday for time and a half, Mondays will earn you double time. Something to think about.
I am 6th on seniority list on part time so I should be fine. More money is always good, I sometimes stay after to scan boxes when drivers leave. We have about 35 routes right now and it does go up to 60 during peak.

Mdet

I am 6th on seniority list on part time so I should be fine. More money is always good, I sometimes stay after to scan boxes when drivers leave. We have about 35 routes right now and it does go up to 60 during peak.
Which center u out off ?