Forced Saturday

bumped

...and if any of those stops that you mentioned were your business you would be OK with your stuff being left outside of your locked front door on a Friday evening when you are closed for the weekend...?

The customer is the shipper who chose that service to a business. The rules are that they are not suppose to go to a business.

bumped

...again...It doesn't matter what I think... To answer your question I would rather they were delivered the following Monday. UPS wouldn't allow the driver to decide not to deliver them. I have to make service on every package every day, and delivering after the company closes is part of that said service in the eyes of UPS.

bumped

Prior to retiring I made that decision on a daily basis-----if I was unable to indirect I would bring it back the next business day.

I would get surepost packages to apartments that didn't have an apartment number. I would sheet as Need Apt #. Later on in the day I would get a message told it was a driver release package and leave it at the front door of the apartment complex.

Rack em

Made the Podium
Prior to retiring I made that decision on a daily basis-----if I was unable to indirect I would bring it back the next business day.
We are instructed by management to DR EVERY shipper release package no matter what. Doesn't matter if it's a business or not, we have to WAD and release it.

I was forced to release a veterans drugs from the VA outside a secured apartment building in a busy area where it for sure got stolen. Called sup and explained and he said I had to DR it at the front door. It is stupid that we can't make the judgement call, but it's Ups's decision, not the driver's.

What'dyabringmetoday???

We are instructed by management to DR EVERY shipper release package no matter what. Doesn't matter if it's a business or not, we have to WAD and release it.

I was forced to release a veterans drugs from the VA outside a secured apartment building in a busy area where it for sure got stolen. Called sup and explained and he said I had to DR it at the front door. It is stupid that we can't make the judgement call, but it's Ups's decision, not the driver's.
Exactly- don't take matters into your own hands. It may not end well.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I was told that driver release packages are 1 attempt only. Leave it on the sidewalk if you have to. I don't agree but I was told to work as directed.

....and what would you say to the business owner when he/she asks you why you left their package outside of their locked front door on a Friday evening knowing full well that they are closed for the weekend...?

summersaltstains

Local 728. So that's the southern region right?
So you guys only work 8 hours a day and never work any OT unless you want to. Because that's what your contract says.
View attachment 271778
I have a feeling your local didn't say that. It's the same thing spread around many buildings this time of year.
My business agent told us in a parking lot meeting and a buddy of mine said he heard the same at the union hall that Saturday.

Netsua 3:16

AND THAT’S THE BOTTOM LINE
I would get surepost packages to apartments that didn't have an apartment number. I would sheet as Need Apt #. Later on in the day I would get a message told it was a driver release package and leave it at the front door of the apartment complex.
That’s pathetic service. You don’t leave those with the office and tell them there’s no unit number? Takes 2 minutes out of your day and you don’t gotta deal with it tomorrow and the pkg is delivered to a safe location.

bumped

That’s pathetic service. You don’t leave those with the office and tell them there’s no unit number? Takes 2 minutes out of your day and you don’t gotta deal with it tomorrow and the pkg is delivered to a safe location.

I don't understand what your saying. Most of the apartment buildings I had didn't have an office. Most of the apartments I delivered to had an office that would own hundreds of apartment buildings across the county.