Forced Saturday

It's a race to 62.5 hours by Friday at punch out time. Thats 2 - 12hr days, 1- 12.5 hr day & 2 - 13hr days.

Shouldn't be that difficult to achieve to eliminate having to do a 6th punch.

Unless,of course, you like that special brand of punishment.

LOL at our center you run out of hours you still get forced in for a 6th punch but you are a helper and usually the driver is from another center and doesn't know the area at all.

35years

Gravy route
1. Was there a change in the National Master or Central that requires you to now have 8 hrs available to force Saturday?

2. Was there a change to double time after 60 in either?

I was forced Saturday 3 years ago when I already had 68.5 hours in M-friend. I pretripped, drove out, did 1 stop and headed back.

Our local says they can not force you to be a helper if out of hours.

1. Was there a change in the National Master or Central that requires you to now have 8 hrs available to force Saturday?

I was forced Saturday 3 years ago when I already had 68.5 hours in M-friend. I pretripped, drove out, did 1 stop and headed back.

I'm not in the Central but in our supplement we don't have time worked, so you must get paid for 8 hours.

In the Master anything over 60 hours is now double time.

35years

Gravy route
They tell everyone its mandatory in the hopes that 10-15 nervous nellie, nail biting, scaredy cats show up. Its the ups way
Some supplements are different and you can't be forced. We have 300+ drivers and they all show up as required unless they call in sick.

One driver tried to say he wasn't coming in ahead of time...He was disciplined for job abandonment.

542thruNthru

Screenshot_20191112-195915_Adobe Acrobat.jpg

Wontmake9.5

My job is fun
Going into my 4th peak and I have never worked a Saturday or been “forced”
A 6th report. They tell me they need me, I tel them I don’t work 6 reports and I never got disciplined. Come Monday no one even talks about it. But I am a badass so

Analbumcover

ControlPkgs
13 years part time 6 years full time driver..I'm actually in the middle of seniority list. Show me in contract where it says we can't be forced a 6th day and where it says we are off the day after thanksgiving...because that's how it used to be.

BF is the easiest day. In our local its straight overtime all day so the sups make sure everyone is way under 9.5. We get bombarded with messages every hour "IF YOU THINK YOU'RE GOING TO BE OVER 9.5 YOU MUST CONTACT THE CENTER" etc. If they only took BF as seriously as the rest of peak, Christmas might actually be manageable.

Last year I punched out at 5:30pm.

Vacation

Here we can not be forced to work our 6th day or a Holiday. They beg and a few come in willingly. I’ll never understand why. Even with BF being triple time I would never go in.

iruhnman630

If they force Saturdays this year I dont think Ill put up much of a fight. Assuming I get to do my own area, of course. Ez$$$$.

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
Even with BF being triple time I would never go in.

Pay for Christmas with one day worked?

It's kind of hard to pass up.

When Uncle Sam is getting $75 of it.

You're funny.

You do realize that that is a tax rate of 75%, don't you?

It is a proven fact, that anything over 5-6 hours OT per week is pennies on the dollar.

Proven by who?

In the past, working Black Friday, I've grossed around $800 working double time and netted about $500 extra.

That's a 35% tax rate, a far cry from your 75% quoted tax rate.

This means I was working for $50 an hour, not too shabby.

And I'll also get some of that $300 tax that was taken out back at the end of the year because I will not be in that higher tax bracket for the whole year.

Rack em

Made the Podium
Well speak of the devil. I just got a DIAD message. "Looking for volunteers for Saturday. Will force from bottom of seniority list."

Lol
I love those messages. Every time they try and "force" me in on a Saturday I point out the contract and how it states they have to post start times for the week the prior Friday. Sorry, but I have plans to do nothing Saturday and I sure as hell ain't coming to work.

One time our center manager altered the schedule on Friday showing me and a bunch of drivers to work Saturday. I walked right up to him and told him I wasn't working. He got all huffy and puffy, but I didn't care. I made one call to our BA explaining the BS, and got a diad message later in the day saying "No work tomorrow have a good weekend"